“Let’s go find Mike.”

            “Jade, I don’t want to go hunting with a dog.”

            “Laylah, don’t be so mean.  You know I won’t put up with it.”

            I said, Mike, we’re going hunting.

            Where?

            I don’t know, but you know I don’t like hunting people.

            Let’s go to the nature reserve.

            Laylah was listening to our conversation.  She said, “Come on dog.  We’re going to the nature reserve.”

            “Why?  I thought vampires like human blood over animal blood.”

            “Most of us do, including me, but she doesn’t like hunting humans and Mike will give her anything she wants.  I don’t argue with them because there’s enough arguing in my family.”

Laylah’s P.O.V.-

            Jade walked about ten feet away waiting on Mike.

            “Why?”

            “Why what?” I asked.

            “Why does you family argue?”

            “You wouldn’t understand.  If I did tell you, you’d call the rest of you pack and go after Jade.”

            “You judge fast.”

            “I’m not judging.  I’m only saying what’s true.”

            “How do you know?”

            “If Mike hadn’t stopped me, I would’ve torn her to shreds.”

            Mike and Jade came walking back to us, hand in hand.

            “Tell me, please.”

            “No, you filthy dog!”

            “Laylah, stop.”

            Mike stopped when he realized what stood beside me.  He asked, “What does it want?”

            “It wants to know why our family argues.  Don’t tell him.  He’ll go after Jade.”

            Jade was getting irritated.  She said, “You guys stop talking like he isn’t another person.”

            I said, “I’m sorry, Jade.  I’ll try to do better.”

            “Good.  Mike…”

            “I’m not going to apologize for something I’m not sorry for.”

            “Well, at least you’re honest.”

            She kissed him.   Although I couldn’t throw up, I still felt nauseated.  I said, “Okay, we get the point.  You love him and you love her.  Wait until I’m not around.”

            “Fine, let’s go.”

Mike’s P.O.V.-

     We ran to the reserve.  It was weird running with a werewolf.  When we got to the reserve, I was never no more than twenty feet away from Jade.  I didn’t trust the wolf.