Concert Buddy

Mark's POV

This mall was huge, but I was familiar with the whole entire complex. I had been here many times before considering I bought most of my clothes from the stores inside.

There was a store I didn't usually frequent, but it held all the graphic tees I had looked for in the past. It always had the one t-shirt I was looking for that no other store had in stock.

This store was called Hot Topic.

I decided that a visit to Hot Topic was very much needed. I wasn't really into that many bands, but there was one particular duo I was drawn to lately.

They went by the name of Twenty One Pilots.

I knew Hot Topic was the perfect store to go to so I could find a t-shirt of that band. I even looked online in advance to make sure they carried their merchandise. To my luck, they did.

I walked through entrance B, which was where T.G.I.Friday's was at, and took a left once I passed the restaurant. I was immediately engulfed in a small crowd of people heading in the direction I was going. The mall was quite busy today, and I wasn't expecting it to be so packed.

I took a look around at all the different people who made an appearance here. I saw the Tumblr Girls, I saw the Fuck Boys, and I saw every other possible person who was stereotyped just by how they dressed or acted. In my opinion, I didn't like how they all had labels. But, there was no other way for a person to describe them nowadays.

I sighed as I got to the end of the first strip of stores and took a right down another strip of stores. My eyes adverted to the signs hanging from the ceiling that indicated which store was which. I was relieved to have found Hot Topic's sign towards the end of the strip. That made me pick up my pace.

I was able to get through a mini sea of people and entered the "emo" store, as most people who didn't shop there would call it. I was then met with the familiar sight of prepubescent teen boys looking for band and gaming merchandise, and a group of crazy fangirls squealing over the new arrival of One Direction and 5 Seconds of Summer t-shirts. I chuckled, and walked to the area of the store I was going to have to look in.

I reached a wall that had many shelves filled to the brim with graphic tees that had many different band's designs oh them. I looked above the shelves to find the displays of the designs, and looked for a Twenty One Pilots one. Before I could find one, I heard a man's voice behind me, his thick, Irish accent standing out distinctly.

"Hey, can I help you with anything?"

I turned to find a man just an inch or two shorter than me, with mainly green hair, pierced ears, and his sweater and skinny jeans being the color black. He had on black combat boots as well.

I took a minute to observe him. He seemed all too kind and innocent when he talked, but his outfit screamed out something completely different. I took no mind to his looks, though. I was only focused on the person he could be on the inside.

"Uh, yeah. I actually could use a little help." I told him truthfully, scratching at the back of my neck. He gave me a crooked smile.

"Alright! What are you lookin' for, then?" he asked me, raising his eyebrows just a tad.

I looked back over at the wall and brought a hand up to rub at the scruff on my chin. "Well, I'm looking for a t-shirt that has this band on it. Uh, they go by the name of Twenty One Pilots." I told him, furrowing my eyebrows when I turned to look at him again.

"Ah, we've got some of their tees right over here," he motioned towards a shelf that was a little ways away from me to my right. I watched him as he ran a hand down about five separate shelves. "These have all got Twenty One Pilots tees stacked on them."

I nodded at him, smiling and looking over at what I had to choose from. I saw a plain black tee with a rectangle of white ski masks in the middle. Right in the middle of those ski masks were the words, Twenty Øne Piløts. I decided I liked that one, so I found my size in it.

"I'll go ahead and ring you up!" the green haired man said cheerfully, then led me over to a cash register that wasn't being occupied.

As he set up the register so it was ready to scan my t-shirt, he started up a conversation.

"I really like this band. Y'know, I've seen them live twice. Their shows are phenomenal." he said to me as he scanned my shirt and rung up my total. My brown eyes widened at what he had told me

"You've seen them in concert? I want to go to a show so bad." I admitted, reaching in my back pocket for my wallet.

"You've never seen 'em live?" he questioned me, a shocked look taking over his face as he bagged my shirt. I just shook my head in shame as I swiped my credit card to pay for it.

"I know, I'm lame for not going to one yet. They're one of the only bands I like." I told him sheepishly.

I put my card back in my wallet and stored it away in my back pocket. When I looked back up, he was giving me a thoughtful look. He finally spoke up after he handed me my bag.

"Well, I am going to another show with my oldest brother in about a month. You could go with us if you pay me back for a ticket if I buy you one." he suggested, giving me a hopeful expression. I raised both of my eyebrows, surprised at his offer.

"Are you serious?" I asked him, astonished but also grateful that he had asked me to come along.

"I know we just met, but we do have a month before the show. We could get to know each other in that amount of time if you're up for it." he said, running a hand through his green hair. I was now grinning from ear to ear.

"That sounds great, uh..." I trailed off as my eyes wandered down to find his name tag. It read Sean. "Oh! Uh, yeah. I'm down for it, Sean."

He smiled at my words.

"Well, I'm glad you can come, um..." he gave me a questioning look, and I just smiled even wider.

"My name's Mark." I held my hand out for him and he gladly shook it.

"I'm glad you can come with us Mark." he said finally, and I swear I saw his bright blue eyes light up even more.

We exchanged our phone numbers and our farewells, then I headed out of the store. I was quite content with how everything had gone today. I had found my Twenty One Pilots t-shirt, and quite possibly, my new concert buddy.