We're Not Over

Sean's POV

I always paced around when I was upset. There was really no easier way to think my thoughts through other than to move while doing so. So, pacing was my go-to.

As of right now, I looked like I was about to strike at any moment. Well, at least that's what my little brother said. Nathan wasn't supposed to be in my room right now, I was supposed to be filled to the very brim with anger and not allowing anyone to come within five feet of where I stood. Actually, I was quite sad, and didn't want anything to do with anyone right now. But, I was too deep in thought, and in sorrow, to tell him to leave. He was getting on my nerves very quickly with his stupid questioning, and I could now feel the anger bubbling up inside of me.

"Why are you even mad?" he asked, his eyebrows furrowed. I shot him a quick, annoyed side glance and resumed pacing.

"That's none of your business." I said through gritted teeth. He just shrugged and raised an eyebrow.

"Maybe it is." I stopped for a moment and stared at him, disgust visible in my expression.

"No, it's not." I barked out, stepping towards him. He smirked at me and I wanted to slap it right off of his face as quickly as it had appeared.

"Is this about your boyfriend?" he mockingly cooed at me. I was beginning to twitch and I knew this wasn't going to end well if he didn't leave. I forcefully made myself take a step back rather than another one towards him and took a deep breath.

"Leave." I said lowly, my expression as mean as I could get it to look. He just kept that stupid smirk on his face as he strutted out of my bedroom. I swear, I could knock him into last week but instead I ignored the temptation to do that and began pacing again. I moved back forth between two of my black walls that were littered with various rock band posters, my Converse-covered feet not really making that much sound on the carpeted floor. Okay, so maybe it was about my boyfriend, but it's not like my annoying little brother who had no idea what true love really was needed to know that.

"If it was true love, he wouldn't have broken up with you today." I growled to myself under my breath. I don't even know why, everything seemed to be going perfectly fine. The bullying had stopped, and that meant the cuts on my wrists were no longer fresh, and the scars were fading away. That meant he didn't need to come comfort me whenever I called him at 2 AM because I was crying my eyes out once again. He wasn't phased by any of the rude remarks that we slightly even got anymore either, so I had no idea what had gotten into him. I didn't really take it that hard, but I knew when I got home I would be a mess. And when the school day had ended, and I had made it back to my house, my prediction was correct. I fell into my mother's arms, her softly whispering into my ear that it was going to be okay. She sat me down on the couch and asked me what happened. Between sniffles I told her and she hugged me even more after that. She told me that if Mark left me, he wouldn't be crying about it so I shouldn't be crying either, just to show how unbothered I was by it happening. I just nodded, not wanting to talk anymore about it. She must have gotten the memo and let me go up to my room. Once my tear-stained cheeks had dried and I wasn't up for just laying in bed, I began my pacing, and that's what I've been doing this whole time. Well, other than having to remove my irritating younger brother from my room after our small conversation had turned sour.

As I paced around some more I thought about how he came up to me at school today. He acted like nothing was wrong and greeted me like usual. Then, out of nowhere, his mood dropped immediately. As I was trying to put my books away in my locker, I noticed him wringing his hands over and over and he kept biting his bottom lip. I watched him bite it so hard I thought he was going to make it bleed. I tried ignoring his behavior and decided to greet him like I usually did as well.