Chapter Twenty- two

Start from the beginning

"You shoot her little boy and I'll have to shoot you," Daniel said tensing up as he point his gun at the little boy; about ten years old at most.

"And," Jaylen laughed picking up his gun, "I'll shoot you too, along with my friend Cory. Looks like you two are out number buddies. So scram before we stop being nice."

"Fine, fine," The man said nervously, "Lets go Lucas."

They dropped their guns and walked off behind the liquor store when an ear-piercing scream broke the thin air. "What the hell was that?" Jaylen said looking around, "it came from the direction the man and kid took off in."

"Let's go then," Daniel said walking off in their direction.

"Wait, what if it's a trap?" Cory said stopping Daniel in his tracks, "they did want the jeep."

"He's right," I said getting my stuff out from the jeep, "Jaylen and Cory get in the car lock the doors and if they come back trying to take the jeep run them over."

They nodded and as we took off in a jog in the direction the screaming came from Jaylen and Cory got in the car. "There," I pointed. The kid stood on the fire escape of a building and his dad on the floor dead or dying, I'm not sure. Body parts surrounded him -the bald man- in a pool of blood with several diseased lying around.

"Are you okay?" Daniel asked rushing to get the kid, "come here."

Hesitantly the kid went up to Daniel and let him bring him down. "Behind you!" the kid shouted again.

Turning around as fast as a bullet a group of diseased greeted me. "Hurry!" Santana shouted as she let her gun rip. Following her example, I shot one after another one. A bullet pierced a zombie's arm, ripping it off in the process, blood started to squirt uncontrollable as it kept on walking. "That's gross," Santana gagged.

"Let's go," Daniel said from behind, "I've got him."

Santana got out her machine gun and went Rambo. Gripping the gun with both hands, she inserted the clip and sprayed the never-ending group with bullet sending them to the ground in seconds. "That's how you do it," she smirked as she turned around.

I rolled my eyes and pushed her along to where Daniel had taken off with the kid. Aww, shit. Now there's a kid. Great.

"So what's your name, kid?" I asked when we were in the jeep. Santana insisted she drive, and I didn't want to argue. More time for me to sleep, I guess.

"Lucas," The little Blondie said in a whisper as he looked out the window. His face was dirty along with his hands, his shirt was starting to rip and his sky blue jeans had several holes in them.

"Well, I'm Santos, that's Jaylen, the nerdy one is Cory and the hero is Daniel," all three guys flipped me off making me chuckle, "and the girl is Santana."

"She's pretty," the little kid squeaked blushing as Santana thanked him and winked at him through the rear-view mirror.

"Be careful," Jaylen said patting the kid in the back, "Santos might get jealous." he grinned as he looked up to meet my glare.

"Whatever," I scoffed.

"So... it's true," Daniel piped in.

"I don't want to argue," I growled looking out the window, "believe what you want."

"Its true," Jaylen laughed, "look, his cheeks are puffing up. He's angry 'cause the little kid has more game then him."

"I'm not little," the kid whined, "I'm eight and half, my birthday is in December!"