Eighteen: Austria

Roderich sipped at his tea, reading a book as he paced the living room of his home. He went around the leather couch, figure eighted the coffee table and the chair, coming back to where he started. Alfred had lent him the novel, and the older nation soon became enraptured by the heroism. He usually didn't read this stuff, but he was bored and wanted to read. A loud knock startled him as he took a sip of tea. He nearly got it up his nose, but he swallowed and avoided a mess. His eyebrows furrowed and his eyes squinted behind his glasses as he opened the door with an angry flourish.

Standing there was a red head with extremely long hair. It reached towards the back of her knees, swishing in a fishtail braid. "Are you Roderich?" She spoke a perfect Austrian dialect, running her fingers through the bangs the escaped from behind her ear. She had four cartilage piercings, three in her earlobe.

"I am. Who is asking?" He pushes his glasses up on his nose, raising a brow.

"My name is Luna. You met and fell in love with my mother several years ago." Luna held up an old photo, the edges burnt a bit or just worn with age and love. It was a face Roddy hadn't seen for a while.

"You're Millie's daughter?" Millie had been a great lover to him in years gone by. He had loved her dearly but she had to move away. He thought she died.

"I am. May I come in?" Despite her rugged appearance, tattoos and all, Luna seemed to be raised properly.

"Yes of course." The Austrian backed up to allow her access to the home, noticing a case by her feet and a bag on her back. "What do you play?" The red head looked back as she stepped forward.

"Acoustic mainly. Piano and flute as well." She placed the guitar case on the chair with a well worn and loved black backpack, pulling her phone out. She was typing or looking through her photos, finally showing Rod a picture. It was a birth certificate. "But I came here to find you. My mom is dead and the police want me with biological family. I found this in the bank, and they forced me here. I'm 15, so I won't be here long."

"Three years is a long time." He managed to zoom the image in, reading his swirled signature on the imaged paper. "15 is even longer. Did she tell you anything about me?"

"You compose music, like I do. You play piano, violin, and anything else with strings. You are the country of Austria..." Roderich stopped her there.

"How did she know?" He got a shrug in return. "Then how do you know? She wouldn't have told you."

"I googled you, got no response. Not even a birth certificate which means there wasn't any records at that time. It's 2016, no records were held before 1850 something. You'd be dead by now if you were human." Roderich had to give it to her. She was smart, very smart.

"Well Miss Luna, would you like to see your room?" He stood, holding out an arm towards the stairs. Luna smirked, nodding and standing.

"A pleasure." She slung her bag over her shoulder, showing off the tattoo of a crescent moon on her neck. Luna, related to the word Lunar. Lunar Eclipse, Eclipse to moon. Explains the first tattoo. Two can play the deduction game.

~~~~~~~**

Luna has been there three days. She's a night owl, always playing her guitar at midnight til two in the morning. It was wonderful playing, but it needs to wait til morning. She was writing some music, or something, and she would be working on it constantly. Since she arrived, breakfast has been left on a warming tray waiting for him. Usually eggs and a pancake or waffle. Luna would be holding a waffle in her mouth while she wrote.

She was usually wearing a black tank top and ripped blue jeans whenever he saw her, showing off the tat on her arm of a snake coiling around a pair of roses.

On the fifth day, Roderich finds himself up at five in the morning answering the phone. Luna was crashed on her bed, the phone beside her head. It was ringing softly, not enough to wake her. Austria answered it, hearing a voice that he got sick of hearing.

"Where are you, dude? The meeting is starting soon!" Austria swore lightly under his breath, pressing the phone to his ear.

"I'll be there soon. Start without me. I'll get there around six." He turned the phone off and-

"Who was that?" Luna's hair was a large nest of tangled braided hair, her greenish hazel eyes piercing him.

"A friend."

"An 'Alfred F Jones'?" She held a piece of paper. "He called last night at about ten when I was working with my band mates. He said something about a meeting." She was wearing just a sport's bra and some booty shorts, the blanket twisted around her waist.

"Get dressed and pick a place to eat-."

"Breakfast is where it usually is."

"And get ready to go. Dress casually. Nothing fancy." He shook his head,jogging the stairs. This girl just might be the death of me. Then the revival.

Woooooooooooooooooooooo! I finally wrote! Austria is hard for me to write 😐 I hope I did okay. And I'm going to put up three chapters tomorrow of the one ship that you guys apparently wanted me to choose. That was sweet of you all. 💞 ✍😀 Anyway, back to writing!

Stay free~🐎🐎🐎🐎🐎🐎🐎🐎🐎🐎😘