Yandere!Kasanoda Ritsu (OHSHC) - To Be Loved

Start from the beginning

A short-lived sense of relief filled me when he silently left the room, not having missed the look in his eyes that told me not to disappoint him again. I understood without words that he expected me to meet my fiance this time, no matter what it took to do so, and get him to agree upon a date for our wedding. After all, my father wasn't getting any younger and he wanted a son-in-law to start taking the workload off his shoulders, not to mention a grandson to begin training in the family business.

He would likely try to strangle me I had a daughter before giving birth to a son.

--------

Once again I found myself waiting for Kasanoda Ritsu inside of the elegantly decorated room of the quiet restaurant, fingers rubbing nervous circles on the silk that was wrapped delicately around my body, not as confident as I had been last time. I was caught between trying to please my father and knowing that my fiance would likely come with a request to cancel the engagement so that he could be with the one he actually cared for.

That or he would wish for the wedding to continue simply to hide his lover from those who would likely go after whoever he was with, leaving his real love safe while I became a target. It would not be the first time such a thing happened within the shadowy secrets of the Yakuza syndicates.

I could feel a part of my heart begin to ache at the thought of being sacrificed by my future husband so that the boy he loved would be kept safe. Is that what I would end up being? A wife in name only, unloved by the one I was married to and likely only sharing a bed if he desired an heir to inherit the fortune he would have at his disposal?

I was beginning to get up and leave, ready to spill everything I knew to my father regardless of the potential danger I might be in if only to avoid the future I saw looming before me, when the sound of the door being opened with a harsh pull had me falling back in shock.

Looking up from where I landed, my hands pressing against the floor the only thing keeping me from falling any further back and legs splayed out slightly to each side from sliding across the well-polished wood, I saw the one person I had been hoping to avoid by leaving. Why did he have to show up?

The last thing I was expecting was for his face to turn red and the stuttering in his voice as he asked me if I was okay.

--------

He hadn't called off the engagement, not too surprising. No, the thing that shocked me was his unexpected desire to actually meet again. Surely there was no need to meet again, not until the actual wedding. Unless... Ah, yes... Of course, that must be it. He must be trying to reduce the chances that the rival syndicates would go after his actual lover.

How sad, we were not even married and already he was ready to use me as a decoy to keep his real love safe from any enemies he already had.

Kasanoda, I didn't realize you were so cruel.

--------

I was confused, lost as to what was going on. How could someone who had a hard time showing his emotions turn out to be such a good actor? I mean, if I had not already seen him showing affection to another person, I would have actually thought he was starting to care for me, his icy exterior that everyone else saw seeming to melt when he was around me. Didn't he know that he only needed to act so close, so caring, when around others? Why did he bother continuing the act when we were alone?

Was he worried that someone might be listening in, spying on him to see if he was hiding something? But that made no sense, he still acted the same when we were far from anywhere another person could be listening or watching. Why was he acting like this when he didn't need to? And why ask for so many meetings? Wouldn't he rather spend the time with that boy he liked?