Chapter Eight!

Bonjour my peoples :D

Here's Chapter Number Eight! Hope u love it. Don't forget to vote and comment. I love hearing what you guys are thinking so far. 

HakunaMatata00 xx

CHAPTER 8

JOHN’S POV

There have been very few times when a woman has left me rattled. Like seriously rattled. The sort of situation where my whole world is shaken and I can't concentrate on anything but her or what she had just done to me. My mother was the top person, she had always managed to rattle my cage with something she said or did. But the kiss that Maxine and I had just shared had seriously rattled me. I hadn’t expected her mouth, her lips, her taste, her tantalizing tongue to be so delicious; so awesome and so special. There are things that you don’t forget in life, and I was pretty sure that when I was seventy with no hair and rickety knees, I would still remember, like it was yesterday, the kiss that Maxine Rivers and I had shared on that workday.

‘Are you listening to a thing I’m saying?’ a voice demanded.

I instantly snapped out of my thoughts and rushed back into the currently annoying world called reality. I had totally forgotten that Anthony Evans, the guy I had a meeting with, was still before me talking about the latest situation that had occurred between him and the defendant.

‘I’m sorry Mr Evans. I think I might have to rearrange this meeting for sometime later on this week. I apologise.’

‘Maybe if you stopped eyeing my girlfriend, you could concentrate a little more.’ He sneered at me.

‘Mr Evans, my colleague made it very plain and evident that there is no relationship currently occurring between the both of you. So I am slightly confused as to why you keep reiterating the point that you are.’ I said with my eyebrows raised.

‘Obviously, she thinks different. But I know she’s mine. She has been since the day I first met her, and she will be till the day one of us dies.’

On one hand, I thanked God that Maxine wasn’t here to hear this as she would have probably slapped him or committed attemped murder. But on the other hand, I was unhappy that she wasn’t here due to the fact that if the former had occurred, then maybe a repeat of the kissing incident would have taken place.

‘As I said Mr Evans, I have to rearrange this appointment for another day so could you please excuse me?’ I asked politely.

As Anthony exited my office, all I could think about was Maxine. How dare she kiss me and leave me hanging just like that? How dare she walk out of my office looking and walking like an angel leaving me all stirred up and dazed? She knew that she had turned my brains upside down. I mean look at how I’ve had to reschedule my appointment with Mr Evans because I couldn’t stop thinking about her. I wonder if she was as rattled as me. Was she grateful or regretful that we had shared that kiss? Did she want to start something now, because I certainly did? To the dustbin with that idea of ‘don’t mix business with pleasure’. I wanted Maxine and I wanted her right now.

I stormed out of my office, ready to bang open her door with my master key and demand to know whether she wanted me as much as I wanted her. I unlocked the door in a haste only to find it empty. Absolutely void of the woman I had just shared a hot moment with. Sighing outwardly, I paced the room.

Where was she?

Had she been so angry with herself that she had stormed out of the office because she couldn’t bear to be in the same building as me? Was that it? She couldn’t possibly be that livid could she?

I sighed again and sat against her desk, closing my eyes and counting to ten.

Deep inside me I knew that all I wanted to know was whether or not Maxine wanted me. Did she feel the heat and tension that I felt whenever I was around her? And more importantly, did she want to take it further?

And that was when she walked in. Her eyebrows were slightly raised to emphasise her surprise at my being in her office, on her desk and her walk slowed. All she had to do was walk slower, flick her hair left to right and wink at me and she could have been in an advert advertising some sort of product that made you as hot as Maxine.

‘Hey’ I smiled when she reached the door of the office.

‘Um hi. Can I help you?’ she asked cautiously as if I was a stranger.

‘Don’t play me like that please Maxine. You know what just happened.’

‘Oh so you want to talk about it.’ She said. There was a sigh as she closed the door and leaned against it; eyeing me from across the room. ‘John, I have never felt that way when I was kissing someone. Never ever. That kiss was....absolutely amazing.’ She whispered the last part and a slight blush crept up her cheeks.

I smiled inwardly; my ego rising a little but I couldn’t shake away the sense of something coming after her positive confession about the kiss.

‘I sense a but coming on.’

‘We can’t be together. We’re in the same workplace. It is BOUND to get messy, and I really don’t want to make things awkward for us when we see each other on such a regular basis.’ She replied.

‘What makes you think that we won’t go all the way? How do you know I won’t be the one? How do you know that even if we do take this further and break up, both of us can’t revert to being friends and stay friends?’

‘I don’t. I don’t know. But I’m not sure I want to take that risk. It’s a big one. A huge gigantic risk.’ She said shaking her head throughout her entire sentences.

‘Okay then. I just wanted to let you know how much that kiss shook me. Just like you, I’ve never had a kiss like that. Ever. But I’m willing to take a risk on us. I’m not going to wait forever for you but I do want to see where this can lead to. But because I can see that your mind is already set, I guess I’ll leave you to it.’

I stood up from her desk, pried the door open and walked into my office and crashed unto my chair feeling totally and utterly helpless.

Soooooo, what do you think?

Any predictions?