Chapter Thirty-Six

Recap

‘John’ I whispered his name as I closed my eyes.

‘Yes baby.’

‘I can’t take your teasing.’

‘This is nothing.’ He said stopping to bring his hands back to my hair.

‘Look at me.’ I was beginning to love the tone of authority he was beginning to use with me. It was unbelievably sexy.

Nevertheless, I looked straight into his eyes and saw a look of promise as he said:

‘The day I tease you Maxine, you’re going to beg me to make love to you. You’re going to say my name over a hundred times before I decided to have mercy on you and obey. Bank on it.’ He smiled devilishly.

I pressed my lips together and we stayed locked in each others’ gaze for a few moments before he smiled.

‘Ready for breakfast?’

Breakfast was the last thing on my mind.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sooo, here's the long awaited chapter. Hope you guys enjoy it. I'm sure I've probably lost quite a few readers because I took forever and a day in uploading. I'm really sorry about that. But here's the next chapter! And hello to all my new readers and fans. Thanks for all your messages and best wishes. It meant a lot. Ok, I'm shushing now. READ AWAY :D

CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX

After that night, and for the next couple of months, I was on cloud nine. I felt like I was living in heaven where everyone was a god or goddess and the trees were made of candy canes and gumdrops. I was smiling all the time. Laughing all the time. I was seeing the beauty in everything. A homeless person could walk past me and I would smile at him and say nice hair. That was the extent of my happiness. Some would call it sickening but I really didn’t care. I was so happy. Happy didn’t even begin to describe the feeling I was feeling. I had been promoted and my income had increased nicely. I had THE BEST boyfriend in the world. After our night of passion, John and I became even closer if that was even possible. He was the first person I thought of when I woke up and the last thing I thought about before I went to bed everyday. I thanked God for his life nearly every hour and the fact that he made me deliriously happy. To make matters worse, I was seeing a forever after with him. In my head, I could see us getting married. The whole thing. The bridesmaids, the groomsmen, the massive cake, the I do’s, the white dress and first dance. Then after that, the children. The Mini John’s and Max’s running around the house. Me being pregnant and on maternity leave as John walked through the door with his shirt sleeves rolled up and his blazer in his left hand whilst his briefcase was in the other. It was mad right? To say I wanted this guy in my life forever just wouldn’t cut it. I loved him so much and it seemed like everyday, the love grew deeper.

It was 7:00pm on a Friday night and I was over at John’s house. We were hardly ever alone. It was either he was at my place or I was at his place. If we happened to be alone, it was because we had had an argument or because either of us was busy the next day. The funny part was the sex part. We didn’t have it regularly. Weird right?  Some people would argue that sex is a very important part of an adult relationship and needs to be done regularly. I mean, during marriage, it would be done a hell of a lot so why starve yourself now? John and I had decided that we didn’t want sex to be constant in our relationship. I remembered the conversation clearly. It was around a week after our first night in bed together.

John said: ‘I want sex between us to be special. Not just for when either of us is horny or turned on. That can be solved through other means’ he winked at me. I laughed at that point and slightly blushed as well as I understood his meaning. ‘You are special to me and I want this relationship to be real.  I’ve been in relationships whereby when you start sleeping with someone, it becomes only about sex. Every time you see them, it’s sex. When you’re talking, you’re having phone sex. When you’re texting, you’re sexting. It just becomes a sex based relationship. I don’t want to take that chance with you. I mean, the Lord knows how hard this is going to be especially for me. I mean, I’m a guy. Even just sitting here, I want you so bad it hurts.’ At this point I blushed again. ‘But I’m willing to sacrifice my needs for the sake of this relationship. What do you think?’