Chapter Five! :)

Here is chappie number five. Hope u enjoy it. There's more action involved :)

CHAPTER 5

JOHN’S POV

I walked into the office feeling slightly cranky. My alarm had managed to run out of battery this morning and consequently I had woken up later than normal. To say I was annoyed would have been an understatement. I had planned to get into work and start on a new contract with one of our biggest clients and maybe rope Maxine into being my mini understudy. It was partly because I wanted to introduce her into even bigger cases and also partly because I just liked being in her presence. She had that effect on me. Not good I told myself. I headed straight into the kitchen to see the usual flurry of ladies sitting or standing having their usual morning conversation. Something told me that my name was probably mentioned almost every morning.

Contrary to what people sometimes said about me, I was not cocky. Obviously I was a confident man. I knew I was good looking because people had said it to me many times, and plus I had had my fair share of women, but I also knew that looks didn’t last forever. Personality also played a big part in a person’s character. Mum had told me that several times when I was younger. I had gone through a phase of dating a new girl every week and thinking I was the boss. Mum had smacked me and then proceeded to lecture me on how to treat a woman and others around me.

I spun into the kitchen already staring straight at the coffee machine and dreaming of a hot cup of it. My brain was definitely liking this idea.

‘Morning Mr Grays.’ A woman said. I honestly didn’t know who had spoken, all I could focus on was getting that mug of coffee.

And as soon as the coffee machine was doing, I added my sugar and a bit more milk and took a deep hot gulp. My muscles and body were instantly energized and I sighed at the bittersweet taste or the coffee in my mouth.

‘Morning Louise.’ I smiled at her. She looked pretty this morning. Her blonde hair styled into a pony tail making her look serious and smart at the same time.

‘Morning to all of you.’ I smiled around before taking another deep gulp of coffee.

‘Wow, someone loves their coffee a little too much.’ Maxine commented raising an eyebrow slightly in the process.

‘It’s not my fault.’ I laughed. ‘I blame my ex-assistant. She got me hooked.’

Maxine nodded slowly as if to say she was listening but totally didn’t believe me. I laughed again and analysed her this morning. Her hair was also styled into a slick and tight ponytail like Louise’s.  She was wearing a black plain business dress that hugged her body and showed off her assets and ended a little above her knee.

‘Good Morning Maxine.’ I said looking her straight in the eyes imagining what it would be like to look into them closely before melting my lips against hers.

‘Good morning John.’ She smiled, looking straight back at me with the same intensity.

‘Follow me, I need to talk to you about something.’ I said pulling my eyes away from hers, taking the briefcase that I had dropped near the entrance of the kitchen and walking towards the stairs to take to the top floor. I turned into my office minutes later and placed my briefcase on my desk, turned and then leaned against it so I could face Maxine.

‘Close the door please.’

As she turned around to get the door, I took that small opportunity to watch her legs and behind, and goodness was I impressed. Her legs weren’t hugely long but they were shapely and light and looked seriously smooth. Some womens’ behinds were either too big or too small, but Maxine’s was just perfect. And her dress just emphasised it a little more.

‘Stop it.’

I pulled out of my inspection and saw that Maxine was sternly staring at me as if she was trying to tell me off with my eyes.

‘What did I do?’ I asked genuinely. Had I missed something? Had I said something that I shouldn’t have? Did something that was wrong maybe?

‘You were checking me out.’ Maxine stated.

‘I can’t help it. Honestly I can’t.’ I admitted.

‘What did you call me into here for John? You’re my boss so I can’t just walk out on you and maybe even slap you for looking at me the way you did.’

I laughed instantly. I could tell just by looking at her that she wished she could walk out of my office. Her posture looked slightly awkward and she was finding it hard to meet my gaze.

So I got up and walked over to her, taking her chin in my hand and guiding her face to look towards my eyes.

‘I’ve already told you how beautiful you are. So you really can’t blame me for looking.’ I whispered.

There was no emotion on her face as I said so I moved a little closer to her feeling the heat that was radiating between the both of our bodies and enjoying the tension. She looked even more beautiful up close and I could see that her eyes were a milky chocolate brown colour whilst her skin glowed slightly; probably from some cream she was wearing. Her perfume was travelling up my nostrils and driving my hormones crazy.

‘John, what are you doing?’ she whispered as she looked into my eyes.

‘I’m not really sure to be honest. Would you hit me if I kissed you?’ I asked as I brushed my lips lightly against hers like I was testing the waters. There was a slight intake of breath from Maxine and so I pulled her even closer so that I could feel her body pressed up against mine.

‘John?’

‘Hm.’

Why was she talking? Right now, all I wanted to do was to hold her close and introduce my lips to hers.

‘We can’t do this.’ She whispered.

I looked back up to her eyes encircling my hands around her waist.

‘Why not?’ I asked her.

‘You’re my boss. Whatever fire we have has to simmer down.’

‘You really want to fight this?’ I questioned.

‘I have to.’ She said looking away out of the window.

So I took that as my cue to step back away from her and moved towards my chair behind my desk. My body felt the loss of body heat from her and almost groaned; but I fought it. I couldn’t force her to like me. If she didn’t want this, then I couldn’t change her mind.

‘So what did you want me for?’ she asked timidly her eyes looking everywhere apart from into my eyes.

‘Um, I’ve forgotten.’ I frowned.

Everything that I had planned to say had escaped out of my mind. I couldn’t for the life of me remember what it was I was supposed to tell her or what she was meant to do for me.

‘John?’ she asked, silently prompting me for an answer.

‘I really can’t remember. Sorry. I’ll call you when I remember.’

She nodded and walked out of my office; and once again, I couldn’t help but check her out.

What can I say? I’m a guy.

Now what was it that I had meant to tell her about this morning?

Think John; think.

Please vote and comment! Thank you :)