"Shh, go back to sleep." He whispered gently, continuing to stroke her hair.

She furrowed her eyebrows. "Why?"

Daryl smiled. "You need your rest, we are leaving first thing in the morning. I'm gonna stay right here, okay?"

"Okay." She whispered. Her eyelids slowly started to drop until they were closed, Daryl continued to stroke her hair. Before he knew it, her breathing got heavier and he knew she was back into her deep sleep.

↠ ↠ ↠ ↠

"Everybody listen up! Those of you with Cbs, we're going to Channel 40." Shane announced, the group was stood around him, listening.

Brodie was listening, but preparing herself while he talked, distracting her from his voice. She held onto the gun her brother had given her and slid it into her holster, along with her knife.

Her other supplies and essentials were all set, ready and waiting by the vehicle that Daryl and her would be traveling in on the way to the CDC.

Did she have hope in the plan?

All she knew, was that she trusted her brother and he told her he thought this was the right thing to do.

Her brothers instincts were usually correct 99.9% of the time.

She also trusted Shane, he was the one that brought her here. Wherever he went, she was going with him.

"Let's keep the chatter down, okay?" Shane continued. "Now, you got a problem, don't have a CB, can't get a signal, anything at all you hit your horn one time. That'll stop the caravan. Any questions?"

Briony looked up at her brother, she watched as he raised his right hand and rubbed his right eye, while he looked over at the rest of the camp.

"We're, uh... We're not going." Morales announced.

Briony looked over at Shane and Rick who just stared at the man in disbelief. She smirked at their reaction but quickly changed it, she had a habit of laughing at serious times.

"We have family in Birmingham. We want to be with our people." Miranda, Morales wife, chimed in.

"You won't have anyone to watch your back." Shane told them, trying to sway them from the dumb decision.

Shane cared for everyone in this camp, he didn't wanna see anyone part with the group.

Things like that were going to happen though. The group would see a lot of loss but new people would soon come across the camp.

She was sure of it.

"We'll take the chance. I got to do what's best for my family." Morales replied.

"Are you sure?" Rick asked.

"We talked about it. We're sure." Morales confirmed, Briony looked over at the small family and smiled with sympathy.

"Alright, Shane?" Rick questioned.

"Sure." Shane replied. "357."

Briony looked up at her brother while Rick rummaged through the bag of guns.

He was biting his nails, watching this all unfold.

Briony looked back at Rick who was now passing a small hand gun to Morales. Shane at his side, showing Morales a box of ammo for the gun.

"The box is half full." Shane informed him, Daryl scoffed and started pacing in a circle.

"Thank you all." Miranda thanked. "For everything."