Chapter 24

I don't remember crying but all of a sudden Zac is awake and so is Annaliese. It doesn't take Zac long to figure what happened out. Annaliese's eyes are playing ping-pong as they bounce around the room, searching for clues.

"What happened?" Her sweet voice sounds so innocent and fragile.

"Sw-swe" I can't get the words out.

Zac understands my intentions. "Princess, you know that fun place that we said people and animals go when their time is up?" she nods, "well Kyle has reserved us a place in heaven now."

Annaliese's confused face turns to one of understanding and then sadness. She just met her birth dad who has now been killed a month later. Annaliese soon has a fountain of tears flowing down her innocent face. My poor baby!

Six Months Later...

Kyle has officially been gone six months. Annaliese is handing it much better but still has her days. She has still been a trooper and very helpful when it comes to the new addition. We have all been preparing for the new baby while coping with the loss of Kyle. He has been on my mind so much with my pregnancy. It reminds me of the things I deprived him of with Annaliese. I regret not letting him be a part of her life sooner. I guess time really is unmeasurable.