Chapter 13

5 years later

Annaliese is now five years old! I can't believe she has grown up on me. These past five years have flown by. First I was making her a crib. Then I was reading her bedtime stories about her dad and our lives in high school.

Then I married and became Mrs. Brittany Cole-Jamison. In case you missed it, I got married! I finished high school with the help of my friend, Delilah. After high school I started college but was plagued by Zachary to attend dates. He wouldn't take 'no' for an answer. So we dated for two years. Then we tied the knot. Annaliese was so happy to have Zac as her new daddy. He has been there for her since birth.

Her paternal grandparents have been there for her of course. But they're more in secrecy. Kyle still doesn't know so we are careful.

"Mom, where is Dad?" Annaliese is absolutely stunning now. Zac tries to fend off the boys, but he struggles to keep them away.

"He is in the kitchen making cookies. Why don't you help him?"

"No, Mom I mean my real dad. I mean the man who shares my DNA."

"He is thinking about you, Sweetheart. He loves you more than you will ever know."

A ring erupts from our landline. Annaliese picks it up. "Mom, it's Aunt Delilah." She hands the phone to me.

"Are you ready for the class reunion?"

"The class what? Delilah we just graduated t-"

"That's right Honey, we are as old as shit! Oh, I'm sorry. Is Annaliese around? We are having a class reunion tonight. Before you can make up an excuse. Zachary already agreed to babysit and give you money for an outfit. So I'll pick you up in five." Delilah hung up before I could reply.

Zac sticks his head out of the kitchen. "Have fun, Love."

"I guess I have no choice." I yell back while he retreats back into the kitchen. He laughs in response.

5 Minutes Later

Right on time I hear a car horn honk. Annaliese comes around the corner.

"Aunt Delilah is ready."

"I'm coming!" I yelled.

When I rush out to Delilah's car, she voices her annoyance.

"About time, I thought you'd never come."

"Just be glad that I am going."

"You know that you want to attend. Besides, I heard that Kyle will be attending."

"He didn't even graduate with us."

"You know if a billionaire superstar attends a school they are going to invite him. Regardless of his place of graduation."

Yeah, Kyle is a star now. He became a celebrity when a recording of a few songs of his were leaked to a music label. He's taken up acting some on the side. Annaliese loves one show of his. Her friends always talk about how much they favor. Long story short, he's a big deal.

"Isn't that an abuse of privilege? I mean besides, he probably turned that down."

"You know as well as I do that you have been stalking his post to social media. He is pumped about going. Besides, it's not like he has a booty call waiting at his house." Delilah steals a peek at me, knowing that I don't like the idea of girls being in his bed. "Who knows, maybe Annaliese has a sibling."

"Okay, we're here!" I break the silence that has over come the car.

Delilah turns off the car and completly turns toward me. With a smile she says, "Well aren't you a lucky bitch?"

I jump out of the car before she can get another word in.

"Looks like we need to get you a dress. Oh, an mwah needs an outfit." 'Mwah' is Delilah's 'cool' version of 'me'. "Let's go in here." Delilah pulls me into a store that sells formal gowns.

"What is the theme of our reunion?"

"Beverley Hills."

"Let me guess, Kyle?"

"Isn't it always? Look! I have found your dress." Delilah hands me a sapphire mermaid dress that hugs my curvy figure. (Dress on top or side)

"Delilah, it looks too formal."

"Such a thing doesn't exist. Besides, I'm sure Annaliese is wanting a sibling." Delilah squeezes in a sly wink.

"Delilah! I'm not doing that with Kyle."

"Who said it had to be Kyle?" My face heats up at Delilah's assumption.

"Okay, let's just finish with our shopping."

We finished in record time. I ended up just buying Delilah's choice of dress. In exchange she bought my choice of dress for her.

"Can we go home?" I beg.

"Are you that eager to make another baby?"

"Kyle isn't even at my hou-"

"Did I say Kyle? Girl you are still fan-girling over that hunk. Even after being married to Vogue's Sexiest Doctor Alive. Who could really blame you? Kyle is the Sexiest Man Alive according to every magazine. It must be hard to have two of the sexiest men competing for your heart."

"Kyle is not still competing for my heart."

Delilah makes a huff of disbelief. "Please, he has all but remained a virgin since your rendezvous a half a decade ago. Everyone knows that he is off the market even though he is so on the market. I mean he is at his prime, yet he still wants to remain caught up on you. If you wouldn't run from him then maybe you would've seen him before this reunion."

"Delilah, you know I can't let him in. He can't find out about Annaliese. He can't destroy what we have."

"Are you afraid of falling for him all over again, or are you afraid of Annaliese becoming attached to her dad?"

"You know he is a heartbreaker, Delilah."

"Brittany, he wouldn't break his own daughter's heart. You are just afraid that he will break yours."

My words get caught in my throat, the truth hurts."We're here." Delilah points out that we have arrived at my house.

"Bye. See you tomorrow."

"Bye, Brittany."