Chapter 17

"I now call the case of Kyle Peterson versus Brittany Jamison to order."

The judge reads over Kyle's request. The judge is a middle-aged woman. "It says here that you want 50℅ of your child's time, but you want it supervised by Mrs. Jamison? Mr. Peterson, why is that?"

"I want to prove that I can care for my child." Kyle politely responds.

"Mr. Peterson, you are a national celebrity, I'm pretty sure if you can handle seven back-to-back world tours, three blockbuster films, and a modeling career, you can handle a child." It's clear that the judge is a fan of Kyle.

"With all due respect, Your Honour, I am doing this more for the mental stability of my significant other. She believes my lack of experience will interfere with my parenting duties."

"You have a significant other, who is she?" Well, isn't she the most unprofessional judge? She clearly just wants to spread gossip.

"Brittany Jamison."

"WHAT?! I'm a married woman!"

"I guess you're not happy then." No he didn't! He better be thankful that we are in court.

"The used condoms in my trashcan would tell otherwise."

His mouth drops open; however, he quickly closes it. "So he's never felt you without a barrier in-between you two? Because us standing here, in a custody case, proves that I have felt all of you." What does that have to do with anything?

"Your Honor, can we proceed with this hearing? Quite frankly I'd love to be away from Mr.Peterson," I all but beg the judge.

"You must have liked him close to you at some point. In the case of Kyle Peterson versus Brittany Jamison, I grant Kyle Peterson his request of 50% custody. However, Brittany Jamison does not have to attend. Case closed."

I turn to leave the courtroom. A hand catches my elbow before I can reach the threshold.

"I want to pick Annaliese up from school," the devil himself states.

"Okay, she goes to school at Maine Melodies. Just be on time, I don't want her to be disappointed in her 'real' dad." His face contorts in to one of pain, I must have hit a nerve.

"I won't disappoint." He states seriously, "I never do." He adds a wink at the end of his suggestive short sentence.