Chapter 14

It's the afternoon of the reunion, and I am freaking out. I do not want to see Kyle. I don't know if I can talk to him without our daughter slipping into the conversation.

I can see it now, 'Hey, I love your outfit. Oh, and we have a daughter together.' Epic fail.

"Honey, are you sure you can handle Annaliese?" I hope Zac says 'no'.

"Baby, we will sing fairytale princess songs all night and bake cookies." Oh no, he thinks she is six. "Kidding, we will have fun."

"Great! Now you have to get your old ass in gear." I give Delilah a death glare. "It's a very fine old ass."

Zac kisses my forehead. "Have fun, I love you, Beautiful."

"I love you, Handsome."

Delilah grips my hand and yanks me toward the limousine.

"Isn't this a little over the top?" I question Delilah's price tag on tonight.

"Don't worry, Zac said we can have anything we want. 'Tonight is your night.' Don't look all gushy. Those were his words, not mine."

"I am so lucky."

"I'm sure you are. Now quit talking about kids and husbands. I need to get wasted, and this is not helping."

Before we can leave the limousine Delilah is a little tipsy.

"I can't face our classmates without a little alcohol."

"Here, I'll help." A tall handsome man offers.

"Who are you? I would remember a sexy man like him." Oh, no! I said that last part allowed.

"Ouch, I was your partner in AP Chem....We sat next to each other." Liam? He has grown.

"Liam? What happened?"

He laughed, a soft delicate laugh. "I lost weight in college and gained a better fashion style." He certainly has, he is sexy! "So, what have you and Delilah been doing? I see you still look as beautiful now as you did in high school."

"Delilah became the CEO of a Vogue Magazine. I became married." I flash the ring on my left hand.

"Uh," he huffs out a huge breath of air. "I guess some guy finally stole you away from me. Who is the lucky gent?"

"His name is Zachary Jamison, he is a doctor."

"Ouch Honey, first you leave me, and then you leave me for a doctor."

"Okay Stud, who is the lucky lady?"

"I don't have one. I volunteer at charities, most include children. There aren't many chances to pick women up at charity events." I don't really bother to ask him about his job. Liam comes from old money, he doesn't need a job.

"How are you not married? If I wasn't married I'd steal you off the market this instant."

"I wish you would. I always did have the biggest crush on you. Even when you were madly in love with Kyle." Liam's eyes travel behind me. "Speak of the devil and he shall appear."

I feel hot minty breath on my neck that makes me shiver. Before I even hear a voice I know who is the owner...Kyle.

"So, you're talking about me?"

"No, we were talking about the guy who replaced you." Liam glares at Kyle. I turn around to face Kyle. I put my hair behind my ear. The second I do, Kyle's eyes rush to my hand.

"When did you start putting rings on your left hand?"

"When she got married."

Looking straight in my eyes, Kyle ask, "Who?"

"Oh, shit." Delilah mumbles out of nowhere.

"You don't know him."

"Who?"

"His name is Zachary, Zachary Jamison." My eyes cast downward.

After the awkwardness of our initial meeting, Kyle and I caught up on the past five years. Except our daughter, of course.

Right before I went on search of Delilah, my phone rings. In a struggle to balance my phone and drink, I put my phone on speaker.

"Hello?"

"Hey Honey, I just wanted you to know that Annaliese and I made dinner." Zac's lovely voice rings.

Before I could respond a different voice was talking. "Mama, we had so much fun! Daddy and I made cupcakes with pink and blue sprinkles for my class tomorrow. We also made cookies. Daddy said that I have to go to sleep before you get home. So I'm going to go to bed. Goodnight, I love you Mama!"

"I love you to Sweety, kiss kiss." She reciprocated the kissing sound. "Sleep tight, and don't let the bed bugs bite."

Before I hang up I hear Zac tell Annaliese that he will tuck her in with a story. I relinquish my hold on the red phone to hear the story.

"There once was a princess, her name was Annaliese. She had a mama, Queen Brittany, and a daddy, King Zachary. Annaliese was the most beautiful girl in all of the land, she favored her mother. Anyone who saw Annaliese fell in love with her, even her Daddy. The second he looked into her sparkling eyes, that were also her mother's, he knew that she had him wrapped around her finger. It was no shock that when the princess fell in the respectable age range of...87, boys flocked to her."

Annaliese's sweet laugh sounded through the phone. "Daddy, she's too old at 87. She needs to be twenty, that's the only way she can remember her kids."

Zachary laughed at Annaliese's input. "The King was not happy with this news. He grabbed his scepter and whacked all the boys of the land. One boy he had yet to whack hard enough, for that boy visited the palace quite often. Long behold the princess fell in love and it ended happily ever after. The end." After he quits speaking, I realize why he rushed the conclusion. Annaliese's light snore fills my ears.

I slowly hang up the phone.

"So, I'm guessing that is Zachary. You didn't mention having a child. How old is she." I jump at his voice. I turn around to see a deep scowl on his face.

"Five," after realizing my mistake I try to correct it. "Five months."

His face is full of disbelief. "And she can talk? That well? And cook?"

"Yep, got to go. Bye!"

Rushing Delilah into a limousine, I didn't even check which one.

"555 South 55th Street, please."

"You're not the guy that I dropped off."

"Please, my friend is drunk and I just want to get home."

He slowly pulls out of the lot.

"Shit! I forgot my wallet."

"Do you want me to turn around?" The driver ask.

"No." I'd rather call the company tomorrow than face Kyle tonight.