Chapter 9

While staring at the mansion in front of me, fear creeps into me. I feel like running the other way. Or lying to my child by saying the other half of his/her family is dead. After pushing all of the reckless thoughts out of my head, I knock on the door.

When the door is opened I am greeted with a face that looks almost identical to Kyle's, his father. "Hi, how may I help you?"

I try to speak, but the words won't come out. "I-I."

"Honey, who is it?" A light and femine voice inquired.

"I don't know. She is some pretty girl that is about Kyle's age. I think she's here for Kyle."

"NO!!" I yell.

The woman finally appears in front of the door. Both her and her husband look confused and shocked.

"Well, do you at least want to come inside?"

"Please."

The door is opened and I am rushed inside. I knew the house was large, but I was not prepared for the massive sight ahead of me. The house was beautiful. It was large, comfortable and welcoming. I hope they want a grandchild, because they seem like perfect grandparents.

"Well what is your name, Honey?"

"My name is Brittany. Brittany Cole."

"Well, what brings you here Brittany?"

How do you say "I lost my virginity to your son and now I'm pregnant with his child."?

I look up to break this to them but stop when I notice the look of shock. Oh no! I just said that aloud.

"You're what? " Kyle's mom barely breathes out.

"I am pregnant with your grandchild." Their eyes cast down to my child, as if they are just now noticing my 8.5 month belly. "I know that you must think that I am here for money. I don't want money, I don't want child support at all. In fact, I don't even want Kyle to know about the baby. I think it would be terrible, he has his entire life ahead. I just want you to know that you have a grandchild." I stand to leave, but am interrupted by Kyle's mom.

"Please, even if you don't want Kyle involved, at least let me see my grand baby." She started to tear up.

"I have no intention on keeping the baby away from you, I just don't want Kyle knowing." Both of his parents start to nod.

The front door opens. My heart is skipping beats. Oh no! It's him.