Chapter 19

Zach pulled out all of the stops; we went to a beautiful area with a pond and lovely night sky. Zac prepared lunch, and a game of make-believe. He bought Annaliese an actual gown, to play princess. He even made a small house to be our 'kingdom', and he bought me a lovely long elegant gown.

"Mommy! Do we have to leave?" Annaliese begs me.

"Unfortunately, we do Princess."

"But Mommy, I love being a princess."

Zac crouches down to Annaliese's eye level. "You will always be my princess." He enunciated the 'my'.

As we load in the car Annaliese ask, "Hehe, but what about my prince? Every princess needs a prince."

"No, Elsa didn't need a prince. So my princess shall not be around those grimy princes." Zac informs Annaliese. Annaliese giggles at Zac's overbearingness.

We step out of the car to eat dinner at our favorite restaurant, Paul's. "Just wait until they start becoming smooth talkers," I inform Zac.

"I will have a row of cannons aimed at the boy who even thinks of corrupting my angel."

"Looks like you better get your cannons ready, because apparently they become smooth talkers earlier than I anticipated." I motion my head to two little boys that are flirting with Annaliese. One has light blond hair and green eyes. The other has dark black hair with blue eyes.

"Oh no they don't." Zac marches over to the little boys and shields Annaliese behind his legs. "You," Zac points to the blond one. "Stay away from my daughter or we will have problems. And you," he now addresses the other kid. "Don't even think about sneaking her out at night when you think I'm asleep. And believe me, I'll be awake. Watching you."

Zac brings Annaliese back to our table, her head hangs low. "That was silly. Daddy got mad at my friends. Mommy, we need to address this issue." Annaliese maturely suggest.

I can't help but smile widely. "Okay Honey, how should we fix this?" Annaliese mumbles options and then goes off talking about her two friends, apparently named Jacob and Edward, how ironic.

Under his breath I hear Zac mumble, "Or we can home school her and never let her leave our house." Annaliese must have caught a little bit of that because she stopped in her rant.

"What was that, Daddy?"

"Nothing Precious."