The Horses and a Ferret

Elena POV
Before I reach the door, Garroth comes out.
"Elena! There you are!" he says, smiling.
I yawn.
"Hi Garroth!" I say, tired.
"Ok, I know you're tired, but follow me. I got you something!" he says, running to the stables.
"Why are we here?" I ask.
Garroth opens the gate and a beautiful white horse gallops out.
"Wow!" I gasp.
"She's for you, your saddle and reins are there," he points to a rack with pink horse gear.
"Thank you" I say, petting the horse.
"I also got Emma one, but I'm not so sure if she will like it. I didn't think about the whole Pinkie Cake thing when I got her," Garroth says, then he claps his hands. A small pony comes out. It was short with light brown fur, a blond mane with flowers in it.
"It's so small! Perfect for her, she loves animals. I think it's only Pinkie Cake she's afraid of," I say, smiling.
"Good it too forever to get the flowers in her hair. I thought Emma would like it," Garroth says.
"Oh hi Emma! We were just talking about you!" Garroth waves, and I turn around to see a sleepy Emma in pink foot pajamas.
"Hi Garroth, hi Elena!" she smiles.
"I got you a present!" Garroth says, and the pony runs up to Emma.
Emma doesn't hesitate at all and immediately pets it. It looked cute because the pony was the same height as her.
"OMI HORSIE!!" she screams.
"Yep, your horsie!" Garroth laughs.
"Thank you!!!!" she says, hugging him.
Emma starts laughing.
"You too," she whispers.
I look at Garroth confused. He does the same.
"Uh ok, well anyway mom says you can't bring it in the house because they are rides not pets," Garroth says, in a mocking voice at the last part.
"I consider them friends!" Emma smiles.

Emma's POV

I give the pony a hug.
"Well I am really tired, I'll see you guys in the morning, oh and I came out here to get Garroth, Zane needs help. His inhaler thing is broken, he told me to get Mom but I couldn't find her!" I say, smiling
"Zane has asthma?" Elena asks.
"Yeah, I should probably go help him," Garroth says, running off.
I hug Elena.
"Good night!" I say, and put the pony back in the stable then run back to my room.
Once I get there, I sat on my bed.
"Vylad, are you awake?" I whisper. He doesn't move.
"So you're asleep?" I ask, and there was no answer.
I jump off my bed and grab my box from under my bed. I open it and refill the food bowl that's inside. In the orphanage we were not allowed to have pets either but I had a... friend in the ally by the clothes store I went to see often. He's a ferret named Scruffles. I couldn't leave him so I took him in this box, I take him outside a lot though. Once Scruffles was fed, I closed the box.
"Good night Scruffles!" I say, then jump on my bed. Not long after, I drift off to sleep.
(12:39)
I wake up at the sound of something falling. I look at the time. Why do I always wake up so late? I freeze as a shadow runs across the room.
"V-Vylad, is that you?" I ask. I get a loud snore in reply.
"V-Vylad! Wake up!" I get off my bed and shake him.
"What is it n-" he is cut of by a weird sound.
Vylad looks at me, a scared look in his eyes. Another shadow runs across the room again.
I here the sound of small whispers.
"GARROTH!" Vylad screams for help. After a small moment, the door swings open.
"Vylad, what's wrong?" Garroth asks, and Elena walks in behind him.
"Something in here with us," Vylad says, shaking.
Elena pulls out her sword. The figure pounces and I back up realizing its victim was me.
My eyes widen as I realize who it was. Elena charges with her sword. I grab Scruffles in my arms.
"NO STOP!" I scream, Elena falls back.
"Why are you protecting it?" Vylad says, stepping back.
Scruffles sticks his head out and everyone seems to relax.
"Of course, it's  an animal," Elena says, getting up.
"But we don't have pets!" Garroth says.
I try not to tell them what I did. I feel bad hiding him. The only other person who knows about Scruffles is Zane.
Speak the devil, Zane walks in.
"Oh no," he sighs.
"Uh guys? This is Scruffles. He's my ferret. I didn't want to tell you guys because I didn't want to get rid of him, but I guess it's too late," I say, looking down.
"We would never make you get rid of him," Garroth says, smiling
"Good!" I sigh.
"Uh Zane you won't-" Vylad began, but Zane cut him off.
"Don't worry, I already knew," he says, and after a little silence, Scruffles starts makeing noises and squirms around.
"What's wrong?" I ask him.
Before I knew it, Scruffles was free. He ran out the door, nearly tripping Zane.
"No!" I scream, and run after him. He ran out the door and towards the stables.
"Oh no, that's not good!" Garroth says, catching up to me.
"Why?" Elena says, joining us.
"Emma's new pony doesn't like small creatures at all!" he responds.
I run even faster. I fall over as my pony runs past us.
"AHHH HELP!" a voice says.
I shake my head. After a couple heartbeats, 5 more horses race by, clearly scared of Scruffles.
"Oh no! They're heading for the village!" Vylad says. This is not good.
"Oops?" another voice says.