The Orphans

Elena's POV

I swing my sword and it clashes with his. We stay there for a while fighting, looking into each other's eyes. I blink out of his eyes, swing my sword at his feet, and he falls over.
"HA! I won again! You will never be a guard!" I say, stepping back.
Laurance brushes himself off and looks at me, his eyes full of sorrow.
"I can't believe that was our last fight. I'm going to miss you so much," He said, hugging me.
"Me too, but when we get older and I'm the head guard of my new village, I'm gonna find you and kick your butt again," I chuckle, trying to cheer him up. He laughs.
"Nah, I'll be better by then. I won't stop training till I see you," We high five.
"So until then," He says, when we put our hands down. I nod, trying to hide the pain in my heart but I clearly fail. He hugs me again.
"It's ok, I promise you that no matter where we go, we will meet again," he said intently. I turn away, hoping what he said was true. As I walked away, the tears flowed down my face.
"ELENA HELLLP!!" I hear my sister, Emma, screaming.
She runs up to me and hides behind me. I wipe the tears off my face.
"What's wrong?" I ask, trying not to let my voice shake.
"There is a lady and 3 boys in there trying to take me away!" she grips my leg tighter when the orphanage lady walked in.
"It's ok, Emma we are being adopted!" I say with a fake smile.
"Waz dat mean?" she asks, loosening her grip.
"We are getting a new home," I explain
"Oh, ok,"she said smiling.
She wouldn't care. She didn't have any friends here. The only people she hung out with was me, Laurance, and the lady that works at the desk.
"Is Laurance coming?" she asks, as we start walking.
Before I can answer, Laurance ran up to us.
"Wait! Before you go, I want you to have this," he held his emerald sword to me.
"What? You love that sword. I can't take it," I say, moving my brown hair out of my eye.
"No, I insist you take it, to remember me by and to know that we will meet again," he says.
A tear fell down my face and I hugged him.
"Thank you," I said and walked away holding Emma's hand.
We walk into the main building and the woman gave a warm smile. The boy with the black hair looked mad, the one with blond hair looked shocked, and the one with the brown hair looked...in pain?The first one to approach us was the blond haired one.
"Hi I'm Garroth! I'm your brother or should I say new brother, I am not really sure?" his words faded away as he became deep in thought. The woman walked up and patted Garroth on the head.
"What he means to say, is welcome back to the family," she chuckles.
"Wait, wait, wait, BACK to the family?" I take a step back.
"Yes, years ago, after Emma was born, your dad gave you away without me knowing. He was in a bad state of mind and the next day when he told me, he saw how upset I was and snapped back into reality. Now we finally found you, my babies," she says giving us a big hug.
We walked out to the horses and me and Emma were silent.
"Ok Emma, you can ride with me and Elena, you are with Garroth." The lady says.
I look at Garroth, who was walking over to me with a big smile on his face. He jumped on and I climbed on after him. I held Laurance's sword on my lap, looking down at it. The ride was silent, other then the brown haired guy screaming because the black haired guy was going really fast. Garroth looked back at me.
"You know on the way here Zane's horse bucked Vylad off," he chuckled.
Was he trying to cheer me up? Why would he do that? He doesn't even know me. I look up, but look back down at the sword. Garroth looked at me again and stopped the horse and signaled for his mom to keep going.
"Are you ok?" he says, turning around.
I take a deep shaky breath.
"Not really?" I say, not even looking up at him.
He hugged me. It didn't seem awkward for him but it was for me. For some reason it made me a little happier.
"I promise you will love living with us and whatever is keeping you down, I will fix it, but not now. We need to catch up with the others." He turned around and we rode on.