Chapter Ten

Getting home, Dad followed me into my room, "Nice hair," he complimented as I could tell that he was high.
I didn't know whether or not he was going to attack or leave me alone.
"Thank you. My friend's mom did it for me," I told him as I began to secretly record him. I put the phone in my back pocket. As dad walked away, I quickly said, "Hey Dad."
"Yeah?"
"Do you ever miss mom?"
Dad looked back at me with rage. He charged toward me. "Don't you ever speak about your filthy whore of a mother."
"What if she left a note? What if its just lost?"
Dad grabbed my hair and threw me on the floor, "She didn't have enough time to."
My eyes widened as I couldn't believe what I was hearing. He was spilling his guts completely, not trying to hid anything. "What does that mean? Mom committed suicide didn't she?"
Dad got closer to me, "How was she able to kill herself if her throat was already slit?"
My eyes watered, I didn't want this to be true not one bit. I wanted to disregard the notes my mother left behind and believe that she killed herself. I looked up at him. "You killed her!"
"And I was glad. Dumb bitch was going to tell the cops everything."
Tears streamed down my eyes. Dad took out a knife, "Don't you dare tell anyone or I will fucking slit your throat!" Dad screamed in my face.
I flinched and nodded my head up and down, up and down.
Dad got up and kicked my stomach violently. My breath was taken from me after a few blows. I caught my when Dad walked out. I took my phone and turned the recording off. I laid on the floor for a while regaining my strength. I did it. I did it.
I sat up and stumbled onto my feet as I held my stomach. It hurt to touch it. Now that I know Mom was murdered, there has to be a knife some place, but where?
My phone vibrated. I looked at it. Oh where oh where can the little knife have gone? Oh where of where could the knife be? Xoxo.
"I wish I knew," I say in defeat.
My phone vibrated. Its dark and wet. No one can see me until they lift me, what am I? Xoxo.
I shrugged while shaking my head not being in the mood. Hell if I know, I thought while putting on some sweatpants.

Can you believe what Cassie's father just told her?? So openly like its no big deal??
Thanks for reading, I hope you liked it :)
Don't forget to vote if you liked it and/or comment
Happy reading!!