1.

"Father p... ple... please... I-I... won't... do... i-it... a-again" I manage to say through the screams of pain.

I could feel the blood running down my back, but he didn't stop. I could hear the sound of the whip against my bare skin, pain coursing through my body, I felt like every bone in my body was about to shatter into a million pieces.

"If you ever question me again I will make you sleep outside in the rain again" he yelled, grabbing my hair in his fist and slammed my head against the brick wall.

I felt the darkness taking over my vision, the only thought going through my head was my beautiful mama.

****

"Buona pomeriggo la mia bella" (good afternoon my beautiful).

I was greeted by my beautiful mother when I walked into the house. The smell of baked cookies filled my nose making my mouth starting to water.

" Buona mamma pomeriggio, 'e che I biscotti I smell" (good afternoon mom, is that cookies I smell) I said jumping onto one of the bar stools, but struggled since I'm shorter that the stool.

"Si, biscottie al cioccolato"(yes, chocolate chip cookies) she gave me a peck on the cheek and placed a plate of chocolate chip cookies. They still had some steam coming off them which ment they were still fresh.

"Grazie" (thank you) I picked up my first cookie and moaned at the taste filled my taste buds.

****

Beep...Beep...Beep

"Ugh... come on Athena it can't get any more worse" I mutter to myself.

I climbed out my warm bed slowly since the pain had not gone away from the previous day. I walked into the bathroom that was attached to my room to try and wash the pain away. I climbed into the into the shower and let the warm water do it's magic to my body. Finally feeling the pain swelling down I start to wash my hair and body then climbed out.

Walking to my closet I take out a pair of black leggings, a grey hoodie and a pair of black flats. After putting on my clothes I tied my hair into a messy bun and started making my way downstairs.

I quickly made my way to the kitchen knowing that last time I didn't make my father breakfast, I had to sleep in the basement, chained to the cold wall, having bugs crawling all over me. I prepared him fried eggs with hazelnuts, blackberries and four rashes of crispy bacon. I poured him a tall glass of orange juice and placed a note next to it saying 'gone to school,' so he knows where I am.

After washing the dishes I grabbed my puledon lightweight flower print canvas backpack and made my way to the front door. I closed the door carefully so that it didn't make a sound and wake him up.

I climbed into the school bus, greeting Rodger the bus driver, then making my way to the back of the bus but like always Travis Johnson tripped me. I landed on the floor face first, which made everyone laugh, todays going to be a great day.

*****

Note the sarcasm