The Beginning

The bell sounded through the whole school signaling the students that it was passing period. Dylan put his books in his book bag and stood up. He pushed his glasses up as he slung the bag over his shoulder. He walked out and headed to his locker. He opened up the lock and started switching his books out for his math textbook. He then heard a thud and didn't even bother glancing up.

"You coming to class today?" Dylan asked.

"Yeah. Mom said I had to even though it's bullshit" he said in his sorta nasally voice.

Dylan closed his locker and looked at his friend. He looked how he did everyday.

He was wearing a plain black shirt and a black hoodie over it. Then he had a leather jacket on. He had extremely tight skinny jeans on with holes on the knees. He finished the look with his combat boots. He had his eyebrow piercing in like he usually does.

"You know what, Miles, I question how you're still at this school"

Dylan started walking down the hallway towards his next class and Miles followed. "Shut the fuck up. Have you seen Bliss today?"

"Speaking of the devil" Dylan said as he saw his sister walking over.

"Hey nerds" she said as she walked over. She was wearing a white button up and a black cardigan over it. She had decided to wear a skirt that day so she wore knee high socks. She still finished the outfit with her beat up converses. She had her camera around her neck. She had her curly black hair down and a bow in her hair.

"You're calling us nerds when this one" he pointed at Miles. "Is the most rebellious kid on campus"

"Alright. Hi Miles. Hi nerd" she said looking at her big brother.

"I don't understand why you call me that?" Dylan said confused.

"Because look at what you're wearing" Dylan looked down at his outfit. He was wearing skinny jeans, converses, and a white shirt. He had a maroon cardigan on as well.

"What's wrong with what I'm wearing?"

"Sorry to break it to you, love, but it's kinda a nerdy look" Miles said using the little nickname he gave him.

"What? Why didn't you tell me before Mi?" Dylan said in disbelief.

"I thought that was what you were going for"

"Now I see why people say that about you guys" Bliss said causing them to look at her.

"What?" Miles asked.

"Nothing. I gotta go. I'm gonna be late to class" she walked away and the two watched her. They looked at each other and then continued walking down the hallway.

"I wonder what she was talking about" Dylan broke the silence first.

"Who knows? People are stupid" Miles shrugged.

"Am I stupid?" Miles stopped walking and grabbed Dylan's hand so he would come to a halt.

"Of course not. You're brilliant" Dylan looked at him and smiled. He broke the space between them by hugging the slightly taller man. Dylan stood at 5'7 while Miles stood at 5'9.

Dylan buried his head in the crook of Miles neck as he hugged him tightly.

"I'm happy you're my best friend" Dylan whispered. Miles hugging him tightly and kissed the side of his head.

Then the bell rang. They broke the hug and looked around to see the hallway was empty unlike before.

"Shoot. We're late" Miles knew how much Dylan cared about his classes. He grabbed Dylan's hand and the two started running.