22

I woke up three months later rushing to the toilet and throwing up the contents of my stomach.

I flushed and brushed my teeth. I breathed in sharply before standing up. I looked at myself in the mirror. I wore a sports bra, and leggings. I had my hair tied up, but there was something different about the whole picture. 

My breasts were bigger and my stomach was swollen. I looked down at the pregnancy test lying on the marble counter. 

My heart beat two times faster as I focused in on the little '+' that was smack dab in the middle just below the pink handle. 

I placed my head in my hands groaning before placing it under the sink and dressed in jeans, a maroon blouse, and brown riding boots. 

I grabbed my bag and left. When I arrived at work I placed everything down at my desk before looking up at the news. 

"Billion dollar playboy and business owner, Jackson Louis was seen last night outside Paint bar with Meghan Briant. So what do you think, will she be the next Mrs. Louis?" 

I looked away from the tv as Jake walked over to my desk "Hey, we have to go and check this building out..." He said as I looked at it "That's my brother's building." 

I jumped up grabbing my phone and we ran out to his car and sped towards his office. 

He now works with Jackson. They both own the company. I took a deep breath before I got into the elevator. Jake was going to check if everything was okay with security as I would go and see my brother. 

I took a deep breath before the doors opened. I walked out and headed straight for my brother's office. I stopped and knocked. "Come in..." He said as I walked in and jumped a little. Jackson sat in the corner on his computer. 

I looked up at Mark "Whats wrong Vic?" He said as I slammed the folder down on his desk "I'm here on business!" I said as he looked down at the folder "I don't know what the hell is going on here but..." I was cut off as Mark looked up at me. 

"It's true, I did do that. But it was a long time ago." I crossed my arms feeling a little uncomfortable because of my swollen stomach. I was showing a little. I don't look like I ate a hundred hamburgers anymore. I just looked pregnant. 

"What the hell Mark!" I said "You owe the government over three and a half million dollars!" I said, "And why did you ever need that for?" 

He stood up "Look, Vic, you need to leave.." I tilted my head "What did you do with that money?" I asked as he sighed "I gave it  to Camden for Katie." 

I looked at him "I can take care of my own daughter just fine, thanks." He scoffed crossing his arms "And look where your parenting and influence has gotten her. She's probably halfway across the world right now. And you'll never ever see her again!" 

He screamed in my face, and by now Jackson was staring right at us. I looked at him sighing nodding "And don't get me started on your crap life. You lose more children than you do bobby pins. You can't even keep a goddamn relationship for more than a day. You are a pathetic person Vic, and I know that for a fact. Becuase I lived with you for sixteen years! So you can go and f*ck yourself!" 

I stepped back as he grabbed the folder and threw it at me. It hit me right in the face. 

I stepped back as Jackson stood up "Hey man calm down!" He said walking up to Mark. Mark looked at him before punching him in the eye, and then in the mouth twice. 

I ran over to Jackson as Mark grabbed me by the collar and threw me to the ground. My stomach hit the chair and cut me. 

I slammed down on the ground before he walked out slamming the door behind him. I winced in pain before looking over at Jackson. 

I jumped up crawling over to him. "Jackson!" I said as he looked over at me. "There's so much blood!" I said grabbing tissues. 

He shook his head "Your hurt!" He ran his fingers over the tear in my shirt and the blood seeping out of it. I shook my head "We need to get you patched up!" He said before standing up and helping me up. 

I shook my head "Look, Jackson, I'm fine. Okay?" I said before taking one step back before grabbing the trash can and throwing up. He lifted my hair up before I stood up. 

"Ae you okay?" He asked as I shook my head "No I'm not Jackson, and why would you even care?!" I asked shocked. 

"Because I do care about you. I have feelings you know, I'm not a robot." I took a deep breath before sitting down on the chair. "Why don't you tell me why I patch that up," he said pointing to my side. 

I sighed nodding. I unbuttoned my shirt and sat down on the desk. "Is it bad?" I asked as he stared at my stomach. 

He looked up at me "Have you gained weight?" I smiled not thinking and nodding. "You know I'm actually Preg..." I stopped myself before standing up and buttoning my shirt. 

"Your Pregnant?" He asked holding tissues in his hand "You know I have to go." I said before opening and slamming the door shut. 

I walked over to the elevator looking back into the empty office. Then Jackson opened the door and started walking towards me. 

I gasped before running to the stairs door and I started running down the stairs. But eventually Jackson caught up to me. 

he grabbed my arm and pulled me towards him "Your pregnant?!" He said as I looked at him. Nodding he smiled. 

"How far?" He asked as I smiled "three months..." I said trailing off. "I'm going to be a dad!" He said as I pulled away. 

"Don't get your hopes up. Something always goes wrong and I always loose it." He shook his head "I won't let anything happen to you or the baby, I promise." 

I took a deep breath as he placed his hands on my sides. I winced as he pulled a bloody hand away. "Victoria..." He said as my eyelids became heavy and I slowly fell. 

Gladly he caught me before I hit the ground "Victoria!" He screamed.