15

I was sitting on my couch as my brother was in the next room making himself a sandwich. I called him when I hit eight months.

He's going to stay with me until the baby is born.

I had both hands on the top of my stomach as it was bigger than ever.

It hurt me to sleep and eat and shower. I was nine months two days and I felt like I was going to explode.

I sighed standing up when a sharp pain ran up my back and around my stomach. It felt tight and sharp. I gripped the wall as water fell onto the floor.

I groaned as my brother ran out. I looked up at him as he rushed to me. I looked up at him "it hurts really bad!" I said as he rushed me to the hospital.

I screamed in the car as he placed a hand on my leg "sis she must be a fighter." I tried my best to smile but the pain ripped through me too fast.

I let out a loud scream "this is the worst one ever!" I said gripping the car seat. My stomach was hard as a rock and discolored. .

Tears poured down my face as I could feel her head. I screamed as we reached the hospital.

I held her in as long as I could before they rushed me into the room and told me that there was only a 10% that she would live.

I cried the whole time I pushed. And when she came out she wasn't crying or screaming.

The doctor looked up at me and shook her head.

It felt like my heart was being squeezed.

~*~

I walked inside of my house and my brother took everything down from the nursery.

But soon enough he had to leave.

I watched him off before standing in front of a mirror in my bathroom for an hour.

I sighed as a tear ran down my face as my phone started ringing.

I answered it "hello?"

I said a few times before the line hung up.

I looked at my phone before placing it down.

I placed a hand on my stomach before I changed into a sports bra and sweatpants. I walked downstairs and sat down. I just got comfortable when my doorbell rang.

I stood up and opened the door. Jackson stood there with flowers. I looked at the hand he was holding them with and noticed he didn't have a wedding ring on.

I slammed the door shut and sliding down against it.

"Victoria!" I placed my head in my hands bursting out into tears.

I was like a child that broke their favorite toy.

I leaned my head up against the door seeing him appear at the glass sliding doors in the kitchen. I stood up and walked over pulling the door open. "What do you want Jackson?"

He looked at me noticing my tears. He walked in and pulled me into a hug.

I pulled away as it felt like my heart was lifted and my lungs closed.

I took a deep shaky breath as he wiped away tears with his thumb "I want you to leave." I said looking up at him.

He was taken back a little "but I got a divorce with my wife so I could come here and see you."

I shook my head "no I don't want you here, I don't want to have sex with you and I don't want to loose another..." I stopped myself as he tilted his head "lost another what?"

I sighed looking at the floor. "The first baby when I was your intern I lost, the twins I had a while back died after birth, and I lost my baby just a week ago. The day you came here to tell me you were leaving I'd just found out I was pregnant."

I said quickly looking up at him. His eyes softened a little "I just want to put it behind me now."

I said as he wrapped his arms around me. I wrapped mine around him and rested my head on his shoulder.

"Everything will be okay now. You are safe with me."