12

I looked down at the ring on my finger. I pulled it off slowly and placed it in a drawer in my room. I looked down at my swollen stomach and placed a hand on it "your safe with me."

I smiled to myself before my baby kicked me. I jumped back a little running my finger over the little foot indentation on my stomach.

~*~

I watched as my baby girl looked up at me from her place on the couch. Next to her was her twin brother.

They looked so much like their father. I laughed to myself as Olivia walked into the room.

I turned around "oh hey what are you doing here?" She looked at me "you haven't talked to me in forever. Not since you had them."

I looked over at her "Well I've had my hand full." She laughed smiling before a blinding light flew straight into us.

The apartment shook that I had just bought a month ago. I moved to New York to clear the air and create some space between my past.

I screamed when I was too late for my babies, and Olivia.

I lied on the floor my leg crushed by a giant peice of wall.

I remember fire fighters pulling me out and lying my dying body in an ambulance rushing off towards the hospital.

~*~

I groaned as I walked into my new house that had five acres and was in a very nice neighbourhood. My brother bought for me after my apartment was blown up and crushed.

They manged to get my children out and Olivia. Their funeral was last week.

I was once again alone in this crazy mixed up world.

I sat down on my couch as my brother set down some boxes sitting next to me.

"I only came to New York for the funeral sis, I have to get back to work."

I looked over at him nodding. My soul was once pure and bright but now it was black and empty. A ghost of my own self.

I smiled a weak smile and with that he left.

I walked over and opened a box pulling out a picture of my family that was painted when I was little.

I smiled hanging it up next to the front door.

I heard a truck stop outside and I walked over to my giant windows and watched as Jackson and his family hopped out. He held a a small child in his arms and they all smiled looking at their house.

I looked down at my feet my breath becoming shaky and uneven.

I smiled to myself and turned around before grabbing more stuff from the box and setting it around.