20

"The bullet punctured her lung." He said as I slowly closed my eyes. Jackson turned and started walking away when my brother yelled, "Jackson, call 911!" 

Mark looked back as Jackson stood there in shock, "I'm sorry I can't. It hurts too much." 

He turned around and disappeared into the busy crowd of new York. Jake grabbed his phone "She's going to die!" 

He called 911 before an ambulance pulled up and carried me away.  Jake and Mark got into the truck with me. Jake held my hand as Mark called Camden.

"Your wife was shot and you don't even want to come up! How about Katie?!" Mark screamed into the phone "I would recommend that you get your ass up here if you ever want to see your daughter once this divorce is finalized!" 

He hung up letting out a frustrated sigh "The Hell!" He said walking into the room. Jake was standing in the corner on the phone with the FBI. I laid on the bed silent. 

I opened my eyes slowly as Mark flew over to me "Vic..." He said as I slowly sat up. I smiled a small, weak smile. "Hey..." I said trailing off  "You scared the crap out of me." I laughed a little "This wasn't my first rodeo, Mark." 

He sighed "I know, but I still worry about you." I nodded "Where did Jackson go?" I asked looking out the giant window. He took a deep breath "He bailed again..." I shook my head "He needs to be settled down." 

Mark smiled as I did. "Well I've been trying to get Camden to bring Katie up, but he's totally against the whole idea of you seeing your own daughter." 

I looked down at my lap before looking over at the window "It's fine Mark. He's taking her anyway." He tilted his head "He's filing for full custody. I won't ever get to see her!" I said as a tear fell down my face "Just calm down. I'll have the best lawyers, and you'll win!" 

He jumped up "I would stay longer, but I have a meeting in five!" I smiled, "Go!" He smiled mouthing thank you and running out the door. 

I looked over at the door as Jake walked in "Your on the front of every newspaper!" He said throwing the paper down on my lap. "Hero agent takes down Lorenzo Villa, the 5th most wanted person in the world!"

I looked up at him smiling "Congratulations!" He said as I smiled "I didn't really do anything! I mean he followed you!" he smiled laughing a little "Well I have to go and file all the paperwork, I'll see you later?" 

I nodded "Yeah...Bye!" He smiled before leaving. 

I rested my head on the backboard before slowly drifting off to sleep. But it wasn't very long before I heard the door open and a little girl run and jump onto the bed. 

I opened my eyes and looked over at Katie. "Mommy!" She said smiling and hugging me. I winced in pain. "Katie, honey please get off of your mother!" Camden said before she walked in behind him. 

She walked up over as Camden put his arm around her. Katie settled down and smiled up at me "I missed you so much!" I said as she hugged me again. "How's school, my little girl?" I asked as she thought for a minute before smiling. 

"I got to play the little mermaid in the play!" She said before handing me a picture. It was Katie dressed as the little mermaid standing next to her prince eric.

I smiled before Camden coughed and she stepped to the side. "Come on honey!" She said to Katie "Okay other mommy!" Katie said jumping down and running outside with her. 

Camden walked up to me, pushed the hospital bed table over me and slammed down papers. "Laurie is pregnant with my child and I want to marry her. In this it states that Katie is fully mine, and the only time you would ever be able to see her is if you came to our house. You can not take her anywhere. I have full custody of her. Now please Victoria sign this!" 

I looked out as Katie stood up against the window smiling. A fog cloud on the glass would go in and out as she breathed. Laurie had her hand on her stomach as Camden had his arms crossed. 

"Vic, come on! Do you really want her to have to get into all of this?" He said looking back at Katie. She smiled and waved. I shook my head before slowly picking up the pen and signing my name on the dotted line. 

"I will have all of your stuff shipped up here to your brother's place. And don't ever come looking for us!" He said before leaving and pulling Katie away. I could hear her screaming my name and just screaming loudly all the way down the hall. 

I took a deep breath before pulling all the wires out of me and carefully stood up. I dressed in jeans, riding boots, and a white t-shirt.

I brushed through my hair and walked out the door. I had all of my stuff in a bag and walked down the stairs to where Jake was standing. He had his arms crossed and was holding a leather jacket. I smiled and pulled it on.

I grabbed my gun and badge out of the plastic bag and put them on my waist. He looked at me "You shouldn't be leaving this early. You were shot yesterday!" 

I shook my head "I can't stay here anymore!" I said before we turned and started walking out the automatic doors.

I turned the corner and came in contact with a hard chest. I backed up and looked at the figure holding a bouquet of flowers. 

"Jackson..."