18

My black dress hugged my body and all of my curves. I wore black heels and had my hair straightened down my back.

My brother smiled at me as we sat down for lunch "why did you call me back here?" I asked taking a sip of my water. He tilted his head towards a table on the other side of the room.

Jackson sat there eating with a women. "He woke up two months ago." I looked away "I don't care anymore, I married Camden and had Katie. I'm set." He nodded "I don't believe that Victoria!"

I sighed ordering a salad and a glass of red wine.

We ate in complete silence and the only thing I could hear was my heart pounding in my chest.

Finally my brother, Mark started talking.

"Victoria, I wish you would move back up here." I nodded "I wish I never left..." I said looking down at my plate "hey it's okay, you don't always be as strong as your out out to be."

I nodded "yeah but Mark I am a fierce killer. I kill dreams and I rise to the top of the food chain by not letting my feelings get in the way. And that's how it's always going to be." I said as he sipped his wine.

Our waiter walked over and refilled our wine glasses "so how's Katie doing?" I smiled "she's amazing. She won her first costume contest last Halloween. She went as a bee."

He smiled "when will you ever talk to Jackson again?" He asked "I don't know. It pains me to look at him."

He nodded "Well its up to you if you ever want to again." And after that we ate in silence until my phone rang.

I answered to a silent line "Hello?" I said two times before it hung up.

I shrugged and went back to eating. When we finished we paid. I stood up as he did grabbing my bag. We walked out the doors and I got in a car to go back to my hotel.

When I got there I fell down onto my bed sighing. I can't believe Jackson woke up, and didn't call. I closed my eyes thinking of old times and old problems.

My heart felt like it was being squeezed, and this is why I never came back.

I sighed before jumping in the shower. The warm water ran over my body as I stood there staring at a marble wall.

When I got out I went straight to bed.