19

I woke up seeing a note slid under the door so I got up and walked over to open it up.

It was from Mark asking me to come down to his office. I got dressed in a white blouse shirt, a black leather jacket, blue jeans, and brown riding boots.

I first went to the FBI office in New York to get my okay for working up here. I placed my gun on its holster and covered it with my shirt.

I then went to my brothers office. I got on the elevator and rode up to his floor. I got out and walked straight across the office and into his office. He looked up from his work and smiled at me "what do you want Mark."

He stood up closing the door "I want to propose to my girlfriend but I don't know what ring to choose, this or this?" He held up two rings and I pointed at the silver one with diamonds and crystals.

He put the other one in his desk and slipped the one I chose into a velvet box. I looked down at my ring before sitting down. "Can I tell you something?" I asked as he nodded "Camden wants a divorce, he cheated on me." I said straight and to the point.

He looked at me wide-eyed "what the hell is his problem?" I shrugged "but that's the only real reason I came up here, because he's with her now, he lives with her and loves her, and I just can't take it." I said.

"Where's Katie?" I sighed looking at the ground "with them." My hands were shaky before he spoke "little sis, don't worry you will get through this." I shook my head "I don't know if I can, I've gone through pain that no one should go through."

I said as his phone started ringing. He picked it up and talked until he hung up "it's Jackson, he's coming up to the office today to get a job. I stood up as the door opened.

And there stood Jackson. He looked at me with his eyes wide. I just stood there until Mark coughed "okay well thanks for coming Vic.." I smiled nodding "I have to go anyway. I have to work."

He nodded as I walked out past Jackson. He turned around and watched me head to the elevator as Mark stood next to him.

"She slipped through your fingers. Huh?"

I pressed the button when I heard Jackson speak "Yeah, don't remind me..." 

I waited for the elevator before getting in before leaving the building. 

As I stepped out of the office my partner that I was assigned to. He smiled at me "Hi, I'm Jake..." (pic)

I smiled "Victoria.." He smiled as we shook hands. "So I got briefed, and right now were on this case." He said "I've been on it all week." 

I nodded "He's the fifth on the FbI's most wanted list." I nodded before hearing a gun click behind us. We both stopped dead in our tracks. 

"Turn around slowly..." A deep voice said as men in black suits slowly lined the area. "And slide your guns over here." We slowly turned around as I took my gun out of my pocket. I dismantled it and dropped it sliding it across the ground. 

Jake did the same thing. I took a deep breath as I looked behind him. Jackson and Mark walked out of their office laughing. They soon turned to us as I looked away. We slowly put our hands down as the guy walked up to me "Matthew take him." He said before pushing the gun against my back. 

"Walk." He said as I started walking. I looked to my right looking at the ground. Then I slightly looked back as Jackson and Mark. 

Mark smiled waving  "Hey Vic want to come to lunch?" He said as I turned my head forward. "Victoria!" Mark screamed taking a few steps. 

I took a deep breath before grabbing a gun I keep hidden and pushed the guy up against a pole. I pulled the trigger, but not before he did too. 

I slowly backed up as he fell to the ground. Jake put the other four guys down. He walked up to me as I placed my hand on my side. I dropped my gun before turning slowly. 

Jake reached out as I slowly fell. I took unsteady fast breaths as blood soaked my pure white shirt. "Katie!" was the first thing I said. 

My brother fell down right next to me placing his hand over my wound "Katie?" I coughed out. Mark shook his head "Hey, look at me!" I looked to my side "Your going to be fine, and you'll see Katie again." 

Jake took a deep breath "Actually, I'm not too sure about that." He said as I slowly closed my eyes. Mark hit my face slightly which made my eyes open. 

"The bullet punctured her lung." He said as I slowly closed my eyes.