t w o

I unwound myself out of my sheets and climbed out of my cosy bed, slipping into a pair of slippers.

Monday. Yay! I rolled my eyes and let a small giggle escape my lips.

7:36 a.m. That means no time for reading. I walked to my door and pulled my school uniform off the hangers, walking into the bathroom.

I always do my hair before I put my clothes on. I feel like the heaviness of the outfit is pulling my arms down so I can't even slide my fingers through my hair. I'm not one to complain what I look like. I have light brown hair with gold strands on top of my hair. It's wavy but doesn't knot easily.

I love doing hair. I would make deals with my sisters just so I could braid their hair or experiment different hairstyles.

I decided to part my hair a third of the way and begin doing a Dutch braid at the front of my hair until it wrapped around my head. I'm pretty efficient at braiding hair and takes about five minutes for me to braid.

I have a clear face, free of pores or acne, besides the occasional pimples.

Turning on the tap, I dunked my face in the warm running water and rubbed my eyes so there is no sleep in them.

My lips get really chapped in the winter so I applied my lip balm before putting on my uniform. It consists of and long green dress, a white long sleeve shirt that buttons up and a tie. We have stockings and a jumper with the school emblem on it.

I go to an all girls school and I'm happy with my life. Besides the fact that I'm yet to find a true best friend.

I buckled my shoes and walk downstairs.

Pulling out my Kellogg's original cereal, I pour in my milk in the bowl and a little in a cup. I really like milk. People say that's why I have flawless skin.

After I eat my breakfast I pull out my phone and opened my diary to note down what I did this morning.

I decided that I wanted to recount the events in my life so someday, somebody will somehow read my diary and know what happens in the life of a twelve year old girl.

Okay. So maybe I should start writing on paper.

I walk into my bedroom and go through all my draws until I spot an empty book. My Secret...I start pondering for a while. As I said before, diary's to cliché and boring. I remember how I settled on cookie.

My secret cookie! I jotted down. I skipped a page so that I could write down what I had written yesterday.

I begin writing down every detail of this morning and promised a recount of the rest of my day later.

"Evangeline! Ready for school?" My mum yells from downstairs.

"Yeah!" I yell back. Maybe I lied a bit. I hadn't made my lunch but I could easily buy something from the schools canteen.

"Hurry up then. I have to drop your sisters off then go to work! Are you walking?" She asks.

Sometimes I walk with one of the girls from my primary school to high school cause it's really close. The reason I said 'girl from primary school' is because she used to be my friend and now we are sort of acquaintances. We fought a lot so I decided to just stay away from her at school.

"Yes!" I call back suddenly remembering the question I got asked.

I pull out my phone and text Bree.