Chapter 45: The Deal

Scott groans, looking at the clock. He furrows his eyebrows in confusion, seeing that it is 2:30 am. His eyes slide to his buzzing phone. He looks at the caller and immediately perks up. "Lydia? What's wrong?" He answers the phone, fully awake.

"I-I..." Lydia stutters. "I-I tried Lizzie, b-but she d-didn't answer." 

"What's wrong? What happened?"

"I-I found a body." Lydia whispers.

"Where? Where are you?" By this point, Scott is already on his bike.

"The distillery."

"I'm coming, ok? Are you safe?"

"I-I think so. I don't think any one is here." Lydia gulps. "Scott?"

"Yeah?"

"Stay on the phone." Lydia whispers.

"Of course." Scott says as he gets to the warehouse. He walks in, hanging up the phone. "Lydia?!"

"Scott..." He sees the strawberry-blonde kneeling next to a bloody figure. He runs over and stumbles back when he sees who it is.

"Aiden." Scott breathes. "Lydia, we need to call Ethan."

"That's not why I'm worried." She admits. "Why would Aide be here? Alone?"

Scott's heart falls further into his stomach. "Lizzie." He realizes.

"Yeah, she did fight." A female voice booms through the warehouse. Lydia jumps up and Scott pushes her behind him. A woman comes out of the shadows, smirking. "Name's Meg, but you knew that."

"Where's my sister?" Scott demands.

"Oh, she's safe." Meg confesses. "But you won't be seeing her for a while."

"What do you mean?" Lydia asks. 

"Well, the lovely couple was here and I might have been the one to kill Homicidal Al over there. Lizzie was, well, she was furious." Meg laughs, relieving Lizzie's misery. "But she calmed down when I threatened you." She eyes both of the teens. "The Alpha and the Banshee."

"Where is she?" Scott repeats. 

"We made a deal, you see." Meg tells them. "She comes with me and I don't kill you. She was fairly quick to accept. I don't think she would have said yes if I threatened those hunters though. But Argent is already gone and Bobby is back in South Dakota. All that's left here are teenagers who have no idea how to protect themselves. But she accepted. And now, I don't think she'll be back here. Not after what I have in store for her."

"You hurt her, you touch one hair on her head--" Scott starts angrily.

"You think I want to hurt her?" Meg scoffs. "No, she's going to be my little bitch."

"You--" Lydia stomps forward but Scott holds her back.

"Be sure to tell Mommy that her baby girl is gone." Meg waves. "And you might want to clean up the body."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The remaining teenagers in Beacon Hills surround the grave. Ethan, being the most upset, is closest to his brother. Scott, Stiles and Lydia are behind him while Kira and the newest edition to the pack, Malia Tate, are standing in the way back. 

Ethan cries over his brother's body softly and ignores Scott as he puts a hand on Ethan's shoulder. Scott looks down into the grave, mourning the homicidal ex-alpha. 

A sudden scent reaches his nose. He looks up abruptly before following it. He dismisses his friends' calls to him as he follows his nose. He reaches the edge of the cemetery before the direction of the scent changes. He looks back and up towards a hill overlooking the cemetery. 

There, he sees the one person who he needs to. "Lizzie?" He breathes. She turns and smiles when she she's him. "Lizzie!" Scott starts to run towards her but stops when she shakes her head. 

"Good bye, Scotty." She whispers before turning away. Meg appears beside her and they both disappear. Scott stands there, panting.

"No, I can't lose you too." He pushes back unshed tears as Lydia and Stiles run up to him. 

"What's wrong? Did you see her?" Lydia asks, having heard Scott yell out the name of her best friend.

"She said goodbye." Scott admits.

"So, that's it? She's not coming back." Stiles mutters.

"It doesn't mean w-we won't look for her." Scott announces. "I'm not going to lose anyone else."

"That's a given. Lizzie is family." Stiles states. "We're not going to let her leave without a reason."

"There was a reason. If she didn't, Meg would kill us." Lydia tells him.

"I don't think so." Scott says. "Meg's a demon, right? Meaning she tells lies. Lizzie probably believed her when she said she would kill us."

"If you're saying you don't think she'll kill us, I don't think so." Stiles scoffs.

"No, but I don't think she would hurt Lizzie. She wants Lizzie alive for something. Why?" Scott asks.

Lydia turns to the boys, her mind turning. "I guess we'll just have to figure it out."

So Aiden's dead.... And Meg has Lizzie... And everything's going to hell... Hope you enjoyed! Sorry it's crappy... More chapters to come and guess what? We're almost done!!! I also got this idea from JustMe52 to ask questions at the end of chapters. Thought I would give it a try... 

Question: Why do you think Lizzie was taken?

BTW: Go check out JustMe52. Her stories are literally the best ever!