Chapter 2: Werewolf?

I spent the entire night trying to piece together what's going on with Scott. I found nothing! Absolutely NOTHING! I keep thinking about it as I watch lacrosse practice.

I cringe as Jackson plows into Scott, knocking him down. I watch as Scott gets up and tries again. This time he rams into Jackson, knocking him down. I rush to the field and see that he has a dislocated shoulder. I see Scott fall the ground as well. I move everyone out of the way and grab Jackson's shoulder.

"Jackson, this is going to hurt. Ready?" He nods as he sits up. "On the count of five. One. Two. Three." I push his shoulder into place as he yells out.

"What the hell Lizzie? I thought we were going to five!"
"I lied." I say, standing. I look around and see that both Scott and Stiles are gone. My eyes shift towards the bleachers where I see an older man. He has piercing green eyes and is very muscular. I recognize him in an instant. Derek Hale. My eyes flicker towards my bag and flicker back to him, only to see that he is gone. I rush to my phone and look through my list of supernatural creatures.

Hale Family- werewolves

———————————————————————————————————————------------------------------------

I hear Scott get home and walk to his room. "Hey Scott..." I say, sitting on his bed.

"Hey..." He says, face down on the covers.

"Hey guys, late shift again for me." My mom says, coming in. "But I am taking Saturday off to see your first game, Scott."

"Mom, you can't." Scott says.

"Oh, I can and I will. One shift isn't gonna break us. Completely." She then leans in closer. "What's wrong with your eyes?" I look closer and see big bags and dark circles.

"What?" Scott asks, alarmed.

"You look like you haven't slept in days." I say.

"Uh, it's nothing. I'm just stressed."
 "Just stress?" My mom asks. "Nothing else?"

"Homework..."

"I mean, it's not like you're on drugs or anything, right?"
"Right now?"Scott asks.

"Wrong answer Scotty-boy..." I mumble.

"'Right now'? I'm sorry, what do you mean, 'right now'?" My mom asks. "Have you ever taken drugs?"
"Have you?" I ask, with a slight smirk.

She opens her mouth to answer but closes it. "Get some sleep Scott." She says walking out of the room.

"Scott. You know you can tell me anything, right?" I ask.

"I'm the one who's supposed to say the protective older sibling stuff, not you." He groans.

"I know something's wrong Scott." I say, trying to make eye contact. He avoids me by nuzzling his head further into the bed. "You don't need to tell me now. All I ask is that you be careful, ok?" He nods and I walk out of the room.

I get to my room and go into the bathroom. I splash my face with water and slide down the door. What happened? I just want to know so I can protect him...

I then hear a loud bang. I stand up and grab a knife. I run to Scott's room and find the door locked. I start to bang on it yelling. "Scott? You ok? Scott answer me! Scott!"

The door opens and I see a breathless Scott. "Lizzie... Hey..." He says scratching the back of his head. "I—" I hug him, shutting him up. I stand back and hit his arm. "Ow!"
"What the hell? What happened?" I scream.