Chapter 39: Stiles or Nogitsune?

IMPORTANT NOTE AT THE END!!!

As I walk through the school, all I can think about is Stiles. He's been missing for over 48 hours and Isaac's in the hospital because of what the nogitsune did with the wire. 

Bobby is still trying to figure out how the hell to expel a nogitsune, but I know that if anyone could find it, it's him. 

I look up at the sound of footsteps and see Scott and the twins running towards the basement. I follow quietly and hear a voice that makes my heart beat faster. "Ok, I know what you guys are thinking, but it's me." Stiles' voice says. "I swear to God, it's me."

I hear the twins growl and they run forward. "Wait stop!" Scott yells, running after them. I peak and see that the twins aren't listening to him.

"Stop!" I yell, grabbing Ethan's arm and snapping it. Scott throws Aiden off and Aiden bares his blue ears leading Scott to let out a roar. 

When everyone calmed down, Scott and I look towards Stiles. "It's me, guys. I swear it's me. I don't know where I've been the last few days or what I've been doing but this is me. I promise."

"You know what happened at the hospital?" I ask cautiously. 

"I know more than that." He walks over and grabs a map out of a bag. "You see this? It's a blueprint of the hospital's electrical wiring. You see all these markings in red? That's my handwriting. I know I did this. I caused the accident. And everything in this bag, it's stuff that could be part of something bigger."

"Cristo."(A/N AKA THE THING THEY USED ONCE  AND NEVER USED AGAIN!) I say, watching for the demon to flinch.

"Bless you." Stiles says before turning to Ethan, who is holding up a saw.

"What the hell have you been up to?" Ethan asks.

"I think something worse." Stiles responds. "A lot worse."

"Is it him?" Scott asks me quietly.

"Right now? Yeah." I whisper before looking through everything. 

I grab the bag and hoist it onto a table. The twins start searching through the bag, looking at everything. 

"What the hell were you doing? Building a terminator?" Aiden asks, earning a nudge from me. 

"It's a map." Scott says, grabbing a piece of paper. 

"That's the cross country trail." I breathe. "And the Tate car, where Malia's family died."

"You mean, that's where her father put the steel jawed traps." Stiles says. 

"Oh my god, we need to get to the trail." I say with wide eyes. Everyone nods, knowing what I think the nogitsune did. It wants someone to step in one of the traps. 

We all jump in Stiles' jeep and race to the trail. "Coach!" I yell, jumping out and running towards a surprised Coach with Stiles, while the others stop the cross country runners.

"Stilinski?" Coach asks, stunned.

"Coach, listen close." Stiles says. "We need to stop everyone from running the trail." Coach is still in shock as Stiles and I start running to the end of the trail. "Scott!" Stiles yells, coming to a stop in front of Scott and Kira. "Stop, stop, stop! Everyone stop!" He yells. 

Everyone comes to a stop, staring at the kid that has been missing for two days. Stiles looks down and starts to search through the leaves. He grabs a chain and starts to yank it, his hands shaking like crazy. The end of the chain comes up and Finstock starts to clap. Stiles looks at it in confusion as Coach says, "Congratulations, Stilinski. You found a length of chain. Can somebody now please tell me what the hell is going on?" He steps forward and I see something shin in the sunlight.