Chapter 33: The Aftermath

SCOTT'S POV

In the hours since Lizzie has gotten home, I have been worried sick about her. Everyone has. She hasn't even seen the twins or the Hales yet. I just... I want to know what happened. Why she came home in bloody clothes. How the Devil made her think we were dead. There are just so many questions I have that I'm to scared to ask. 

The moment she got home, I texted Allison. She and her dad rushed over to see her. Everyone cried more and hugged more. 

Than everyone left, leaving just Lizzie, me and Mom. I heard Mom go to sleep about an hour ago, but I still hear Lizzie's heart beat. I decide that I should go and talk to her. 

I creep out of my room and knock on her door. I hear her heart rate jump as she gasps suddenly. I open the door and peak my head in. "It's just me." I say, closing the door behind me. 

"Sorry, I'm just a little jumpy." She says,, turning her head back to the window. She is sitting on the window ledge, just looking at the sky. I walk over and sit across from her. 

"Are you sure that you're ok?" I ask, looking at her pale face.

"I'm safe." She sighs, looking back at me.

"What about---"

"Lucifer is gone." She says quickly, her face hardening. "So is Michael. They aren't coming back."

"Safe doesn't mean ok." I say softly. "Are you ok?"

She thinks for a second as she looks out the window. She turns back to me with new tears in her eyes. "No, I'm not ok." She gives me a small, sad smile as she continues. "In the past 48 hours, I have seen you die as well as three of my closest friends. In addition to that, I saw Lydia's bloody, dead body. That's all I ever tried to avoid." Her voice cracks as she visibly tries to hold back her tears. "That's why I started. I thought about what would happen if instead of me, you or someone else was possessed, you know? And I just couldn't..." She stops, biting her lip.

"Lizzie..." I start, but she interrupts.

"Just let me tell you what happened?" She asks, looking at me through teary eyes, silently pleading with me. I nod and she takes in a deep breath. "After Lucifer took me, he made me see your death. He showed me what would happen if you did come to save me, but to me, it already happened, like it was real. You ran in and then Lydia was tossed in, bloody and broken, like when Peter bit her. And somehow, I was dead. I didn't even question it. All I cared about was that Lydia and everyone else was dead. And then he snapped your neck." She looks at my neck as she speaks, trying to keep it together. 

"Then I woke up and he just taunted me, used your horrifying death to test me. And I let him win." She sighs, finally letting a tear roll down her once bloody cheek. I feel myself silently crying with her. "Then Sam walked in. I couldn't believe it but then I found out why. He said yes. He was fighting off Lucifer the best he could, but it wasn't working. 

"Then came the big fight. He said something about how a little girl could control their fate." I furrow my eyebrows at her statement.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"I don't know." She says, looking me in the eye. She looks absolutely terrified. "I-I don't know why he said it. At first I thought that he was messing with me, but then Michael agreed." She wipes some of her tears away, but they keep streaming down her face.

"But Dean intervened. and then Bobby and Cas showed up. They got rid of Michael, but... Lucifer, he made Cas explode and snapped Bobby's neck without blinking an eye." She says, shrugging. "I didn't even know that was possible." She says, in the tinniest voice I have ever heard.