Chapter 10: The Nightmares

"So you don't remember anything?" I ask Lydia, as we walk up the stairs, towards the school.

"They call it a fugue state, which is basically a way of saying 'we have no idea why you can't remember running through the woods naked for two days.' But personally, I don't care. I lost nine pounds." Lydia says, showing off her body.

"Are you sure that you are ready?" Allison asks.

"Please. It's not like my aunt's a serial killer." Lydia says, strutting into the school. 

Allison and I follow her to see everyone stopping to stare at us. Whether they were staring at Lydia or Allison, or even me, I couldn't tell. "Maybe it's the nine pounds." Allison whispers. Lydia suddenly gets a burst of confidence and starts to strut over to her locker. 

"Good old Lydia." I mumble as I follow the queen bee of Beacon Hills High School.  On the way to my locker I bump into Isaac Lahey. "Oh, hey Isaac. How are you?" I ask, looking for injuries. I know that his father abuses him and that he almost always comes to school with a wound. 

"I'm fine. How are you?" He asks.

"I'm good. See you in class." I say, as I walk over to Lydia. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Throughout the day, everyone has been gossiping about Isaac. His father was murdered and he is the prime suspect due to a testimony from Jackson. At the end of the day, I watch as Isaac is driven away from school in a police car. 

My brother runs out just as they pull away. I sit at a table and pretend to work as I hear another car pull up. "Get in." I hear Derek say.

"Are you serious? You did that. That's your fault!" Scott yells.

"I know that. Now get in the car and help me."

"No, I've got a better idea. I'm gonna call a lawyer. Because a lawyer might actually have a chance of getting him out before the moon goes up!" I shift in my seat. Derek turns Isaac...

"Not when they do a real search of the house."

"What do you mean?" Scott asks stupidly. I roll my eyes. How could someone not notice Isaac's wounds? 

"Whatever Jackson said to the cops, what's in the house is worse. A lot worse." I look back as Scott reluctantly gets into the car. I gather my things and get to Allison who is giving me a ride home.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You did what?" I yell into the phone.

"We sent out a hunter to kill a monster." Gerard says calmly. 

"He is a 16 year old boy, and you sent out an assassin?" I ask, angrily.

"We have proof that Isaac Lahey could be a werewolf." Chris says. 

"Could. Key word, Chris!" I yell. I pinch the bridge of my nose, and sigh. "I''m done. I'm done with you guys. First you kill an innocent 20 year old before he could find love or-or have kids." I know each of those circumstances hits each of them, hard. "And now you are willing to kill a 16 year old boy?" I am met with silence. "This is a nightmare." I mumble, hanging up the phone and getting into my hunters gear. I race outside and run to the station, with a change of clothes. 

I catch up with the car, that is in an alley. The car has an arrow, probably shot by Allison, in two of it's tires. I get to a good shooting spot and aim at the man. I shoot an arrow at his leg, making him scream. I almost shoot the other leg, but I see Allison looking at me, trying to place me. I turn and run to the nearest back door to change.