Chapter 26: The Hospital

I wake up in a hospital bed. I slowly sit up and groan in pain. I look at my wrists to see their hurt shape. There are deep indentations from the rope, showing my journey. I start to rub them when I hear the door open. I look up to see Aiden. "Hi." I say, awkwardly. 

Instead of answering he walks towards me. I back up a little in my bed as he sits down. He then wraps his arms around me, pulling me into a hug. "I was worried." He says quietly.

"Me too." I whisper, inhaling his scent. I push back on him and look down at my wrists.

"That looks like it hurts." He says, looking down.

"Not much." I say, as he grabs my hands. I breathe out a sigh of relief as the pain starts to recede. I see the black veins start to appear on Aiden's arm and his eyes turn red. 

"That's a lot of pain." He says as he take his hands away, breathing heavily. 

"Luckily, my head wound isn't as bad as my wrists." I say, examining them.

"I meant emotional." I look up at him with wide eyes. "If you don't mind, I would like that explanation now."

I sigh, "Aiden, if you really want me to tell you, I will. I'll answer any questions and tell you everything you want to know, but you have to promise me you won't tell anyone, including your pack. Deucalion can never know." I look in his eyes as I try to read his expression. 

"Deucalion told me to go back." He says, sighing. "He told me to go back and make sure Derek was really dead, after Ennis died. He also thought that the Savage would show up. When I got there and saw someone over Derek, I just got so angry. Imagine my surprise when I first caught your scent when your mask flew off. I stopped being angry. When I saw your face, I couldn't move. I promise I won't tell anyone your secret. But I need to know how you became..." He trails off, looking away.

"How I became a hunter? How I became a killer?" I ask, my voice breaking.

"How you became so strong." He says, looking me in the eyes.

I smile slightly and sigh. I then tell him my story. Every single detail, not leaving out one hunt or one month. I tell him everything.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Didn't expect to see you here." I say as the door opens.

"Well, I wanted to check up on you." Chris says, walking over.

"I'm fine." I say.

"No, you're not."

"Yes, I am." I say, though gritted teeth.

"Not with angels up and about." I stay silent. "You thought I wasn't going to find out?"

"I was hoping you wouldn't. But you know what they say about hope: It breeds eternal misery. (A/N PRETTY LITTLE LIARS!!!) Why did you actually come?"

"Mr. Westover was taken. I'm going to find him."

"How?"

"How do you think Scott found you?" I look at him surprised.

"You helped him?"

"No, but I made it obvious that I was hiding something. Allison found it and showed your brother."

"What do you know?"

"I've been charting the sacrifices and know possible points where they could be sacrificed based on telluric currents. I want your opinion on how to handle the situation."