Chapter 1: What's Wrong With Scott?

"Thanks for the ride Dean." I say, getting out of the car. 

"No problem, Liz. Need some money for the train?" Dean asks.

"No, I'm good. Next weekend?" 

"Wouldn't miss it." Sam says from the passengers seat. 

"Alright, keep me posted about the seals!" I yell as I wave to the Winchesters, as their 1967 Impala pulls out of the parking lot. I go buy a train ticket and wait. I get onto the train and head to my home town: Beacon Hills. 

I get off the train and start to walk home. 

I walk in and drag my bag upstairs. I pass my brother's room and see him doing pull ups. "Good job, Scotty!" I say, giggling as he tries to pull himself up. He plummets to the ground as I start to laugh. He stands up and glares at me. "Aww, did I scare you?" I ask, grinning.

"You know I don't like it when you call me Scotty. My name is Scott and I am a grown man!" He says. His voice cracks and his face turns red from embarrassment.

"Totally grown up Scotty." I say as I roll my eyes.

"Alright, Elizabeth." He says. I glare at his sparkling brown eyes.

"You know I don't like that."

"Lizzie..."

"Never mind. Get some sleep before school tomorrow." I say, walking to my room. 

"I'm older than you!" He yells.

"By 15 minutes!" I grumble. 

I get to my room and unpack. Almost every weekend I go hunting with the Winchesters. Maybe I should explain.

I am Elizabeth McCall, but you should call me Lizzie or Liz if you want to be able to walk. A few years ago, I was in an accident, a supernatural one. Yeah, werewolves and vampires exist! The Winchesters, Sam and Dean, are part of one of the most famous hunting families ever. They took me under their wing and trained me, wit help from a veteran hunter, Bobby. Naturally I have a book of everything I have encountered and have a lot of weapons. 

I unpack my guns, knives, ammo, etc and hide them in my closet under the floor board. Scott isn't the brightest so he would never look there, and my mother would never even look for anything out of the ordinary. 

After I finished unpacking, I hear rustling from outside. I go out into the hall and see Scott holding a baseball bat. I walk behind him as we go outside. Scott tries to act all manly as he wields a baseball bat. All of a sudden a body falls from the roof as two people scream. I recognize the body as Scott's best friend, Stiles so I am not afraid. I walk him on the head, sending him off the roof. 

"Stiles, what the hell are you doing!" I scream.

"Scott wasn't answering his phone!" He screams. His eyes then land on Scott's bat. "Why do you have a bat?"

"I thought you were a predator." Scott says.

"A pre-- Look I know it's late but you both have to hear this. I saw my dad leave 20 minutes ago. Dispatch called. They're bringing in every officer from the Beacon Department, and even state police." His father is the sheriff of Beacon Hills.

"For what?" I ask.

"Two drivers found a body." He stands up. 

"A dead body?" Scott asks. As I said, not the brightest star in the sky. 

"No Scott, a body of water." Stiles says sarcastically. "Yes dumbass, a dead body."

"You mean like murdered?"