Chapter 36: The Blacklight Party

"So, when did you get there?" Agent McCall asks us. Scott, Stiles, Lydia, Kira and I all sit before him and the sheriff. I keep my hand on my arm, feeling where Barrow pressed the wire against my skin. 

Stiles says, "At the same time."

"At the same time as who?" The agent asks us.

"Same time as me." Scott says, pointing to himself.

"By coincidence?"

"What do you mean coincidence?" I ask, watching the agent become more and more fed up with us. 

"That's what I'm asking. The two of you arrived at the same time. Was that coincidence?"

"I was tied up." I say, making him roll his eyes. 

"Are you asking me?" Scott asks, trying to hide a smirk.

"I think he's asking me." Stiles suggests.

"Maybe he's asking God." I say, putting my hands together and looking up as a joke. 

"I think he's asking both of you." Lydia says, fed up with all the talking. 

"Ok, let me answer the question." The agent says, bringing attention to himself.

"Ok, how was the hemorrhoid surgery?" I ask, smirking at his wide eyes. 

"Wha-?" Stiles asks, looking from me to the agent. 

"I meant, let me ask the questions. Just so I have this absolutely clear. Barrow was hiding in the chemistry closet at the school. Someone left him a coded message on the blackboard telling him to kill Kira and Lizzie. Then Barrow took the to a power substation and tied them up with the intention of electrocuting them, which blacked out the entire town."

"Sounds about right." Stiles says, nodding his head. 

"How'd you know he'd take them to a power station?" He asks seriously.

"He's an electrical engineer. Where else would he take us?" I scoff, rolling my eyes. 

"Exactly." Stiles nods.

"That's one hell of a deduction there, Stiles."

"Yeah, what can I say? I take after my pops. He's in law enforcement." He winks at his father who laughs but quickly covers it up with a cough. 

"Stiles, just uh, answer the man." His father says, hiding his smile.

"We made a good guess." Stiles defends, looking at the agent. 

"What were the two of you doing?" He asks, looking at Kira and I.

"Eating sushi."

"Eating pizza." We each say at the same time. I glance at her before saying, "Eating sushi."

"Eating pizza." She says at the same time. 

We both sigh before saying together, "Eating sushi and pizza."

"And what were you doing?" He asks Scott.

"Picking her up." Scott says honestly. 

"You believe this?" The agent asks the sheriff.

"To be honest, I haven't believed a word Stiles has said since he learned how to speak. But I think these kids found themselves in the right place at the right time and your girl," I cough at him and sneer. "Lizzie and this girl are both very lucky for it." He corrects himself. I see the agent's face fall making me smile to myself and sit up in pride. 

"Kira, is that how you remember it?" The agent asks, looking at her. Everyone leans forward as she glances at us.

"Yes. Can I get my phone back now?" She asks.