Chapter 24: My New Interest

"I'm bullet proof, nothing to lose. Fire away, fire away. Ricochet, you take your aim. Fire away, fire away." I sing as I look through my chemistry text book. "Shoot me down, but I won't fall. I am titanium. Shoot me down, but I won't fall. I am titani--AHH!" I scream as the door flies open. "What the hell are you doing here?" I scream as Aiden walks up, looking smug.

"We had a study date, remember?" He sits down on my bed and I throw a pillow at him.

"How do you know where I live? Stalker." I joke. 

"What are you 'studying'?" He asks, raising his eyebrows. 

"Chemistry, AKA hell." I say, flipping the page.

"I thought you had an IQ of 173?" 

"I do. I already took the class, but I'm helping Scott out." I say, closing the book. "What do you need to study?"

"You." He looks me up and down and I slap his arm.

"Seriously. Because If you don't need anything then I have other stuff to do."

"Fine." He sighs. He reaches into his bag and pulls out a history textbook. "I was never good at history."

"Ok..." I flip through the pages and ask, "What are you learning in class now?"

"Civil War."

"Got it. What factors lead up to the Civil War?"

"Slavery." Aiden says, looking proud of himself.

"And?" I ask, continuing to flip through the pages.

"And?!" He asks.

"Yeah. More than just slavery contributed." I say in a 'duh' tone.

"Next question." He says, ignoring my laugh.

"Who fought in the war and what were they fighting for?"

"The North and the South. And--"

"North and South of where?"

"America." Aiden says, taking a peak at the textbook. I slam it shut and he winces at the noise. 

"Continue."

"The south was fighting for freedom and--"

"No."

"No? What do you mean no?"

"I mean no. You're wrong. The North was fighting to free the black slaves while the south wanted slaves to do their work as they sat on their asses." I say. 

"How about we do something else?" Aiden says, trying to process my answers. 

"Like?"

"Something that would get us both excited." He raises an eyebrow at me and my face contorts.

"No! We are here to study. Nothing more." I say, pushing him away. "How did the black community play a role in the war?"

"Come on!" Aiden complains.

"Wrong. There was a legion of black soldiers who fought." I say.

"We both know that I am not taking in any of this information." Aiden says, coming closer.

"Then why did you come?" I ask.

"Because..." He stops, thinking of what he is going to say. I look at him expectantly and find his face way closer than it was a few seconds ago. Surprisingly I don't flinch back and I actually like the feeling of his breath on my neck. "Because I think you're beautiful and I wanted to spend more time with you."