Chapter 6: The Alpha

As I try to sleep, I can't because of the movement in Scott's room. I finally have enough and walk over. "Scott, you are the loudest person ever!" I groan, leaning on the door frame.

"Yeah, well..." He says.

"Do you want to talk?" I ask, coming to sit on the bed.

"I should be saying that."

"Well you're not, so it's my job now." I say, smirking.

"I just feel like I've been a crap friend, son, and brother." He says, sighing. He then sits straight up in bed. "Lizzie?"

"Yeah?" I ask, a little freaked out.

"You were on the phone with Lydia when she saw the mountain lion, right?"

"Yeah..."

"What did you hear?"

"Why do you want to know? It's over now." I scoff.

"Indulge me."

"Big word there, Scotty." I sigh and continue. "I just heard glass breaking and Lydia scream. That's all." I say, standing. "Now get some sleep."
———————————————————————————————————————------------------------------------

"Scott? What the hell happened to the car?" I yell out, as I walk by.

"What do you mean?" He asks, suddenly clammy.

"I mean what's with the scratches? Mom is going to kill you." I say, laughing.

"Just some branches." He says, mounting his bike. "See you at school!" He rides off as fast as possible. I have yet to test him, and need to find the perfect way to do it.

I quickly take a picture of the spiral shaped scratches and wait for Lydia to pick me up.

———————————————————————————————————————------------------------------------

I get to school and go to english. I walk in and see that Stiles is ignoring Scott. I walk over and hear Stiles say, "If I was talking to you, I'd say your an idiot for trusting him. But obviously I'm not talking to you."

"Trusting who?" I ask, making them jump.

"No one." They say.

I look at them and sigh, "Stiles, how's your father?"

"He's ok, even though your idiot twin got him hurt." Stiles says, glaring at my brother.

"Stiles, there was just a lot of commotion. It could have happened to anyone." I say as the bell rings. I turn and grab my stuff out of the bag, as Scott and Stiles speak quietly, thinking I couldn't hear.

"What did he say?" Stiles asks, before class actually starts.

———————————————————————————————————————------------------------------------

"The what of who?" Lydia asks a very excited Allison.

"The Beast of Gevaudan. Listen." Allison turns to her book and reads, "'A quadruped wolf-like monster, prowling the Auvergne and South Dordogne areas in France during the year 1764 to 1767. La Bete killed over 100 people, becoming so infamous that the King Louis XV sent one of his best hunters to try and kill it.'"

"Boring." Lydia says.

"Stop, it's interesting!" I say nudging her. "Keep reading."

"'Even the church eventually declared the monster a messenger of Satan.'" Allison continues.