Chapter 32: Lucifer and the Pit

LIZZIE'S POV 

I wake up to the sound of wings flapping. I look up and see the door open. I straighten up, but nothing would have prepared me for what I saw next. "Sam?" I ask, as his big figure walks in.

"You know, I thought  you were smarter than that, Lizzie." He says, crouching down next to me. 

"No." I say, scooting back. "No, he wouldn't be that stupid." 

"Oh, but he was." Lucifer says, shrugging. He walks over to me and stands me up. He gives me a smile before throwing me against the wall. I crumble down, looking up at a man I thought of as a brother. "He said," Lucifer kicks me in the gut, sending me into another wall. "Yes."

"Sam, I know you can hear me!" I scream, as Lucifer keeps kicking me down. "Fight him!"

"Oh, he did." Lucifer continues, dragging me up. He grabs my arm, supposedly done with beating me up. He starts to drag me out of the room. "He came waltzing in with that brother of his. Chock full of demon blood. Thought he could fight me." He throws me into a larger room with four people standing still. "He was wrong."

I am thrown against the back wall, slamming me into the mirror. As I slide down the wall, I feel the glass piercing my back. 

I look up to see Lucifer/Sam walking through the group of people. He is flexing his arm in pain. "Sam. Come on." He says to himself. "I can feel you... Starting away  in there." His eyes land on the mirror above me. He walks forward smugly. "Look, I'll take the gag off, ok?" He seems to ignore me as I scoot away from him, setting myself behind him. I look in the mirror to see Sam, not Lucifer, looking really, really angry. "You got me all wrong, kiddo. I'm not the bad guy here."

"I'm gonna rip you apart from the inside out." Sam says, not looking at me. They both seem to forget that I'm even there. "Do you understand me?"

"Such anger... Young Skywalker." Lucifer says, reminding me of Stiles' obsession with Star Wars. I feel the tears coming to my eyes, knowing that I'll never see him again. "Who are you really angry with? Me? Or that face in the mirror?"

"I'm sure this is all a big joke to you, huh?"

"Not at all. I've been waiting for you... for a long, long time. Come on, Sam. You have to admit -- you can feel it, right?"

"What?"

"The exhilaration. And you know why that is? Because we're two halves made whole." This reminds me of Scott. We were two halves of a whole. "M.F.E.O. Literally."

"This feels pretty damn far from good."

"I'm inside your grapefruit, Sam. You can't lie to me." He points to his head while smirking.  "I see it all -- how odd you always felt, how... out of place in that... family of yours." I see the real Sam breaking down as Lucifer drones on. His 'out of place' remark almost sends me over the edge. That's Aiden. He and his brother never felt like they were accepted. "And why shouldn't you have? They were foster care -- at best. I'm your real family."

"No, that's not true."

"It is. And I know you know it. All those times you ran away, you weren't running from them. You were running towards me. This doesn't have to be a bad thing, you know. I let Dean live, didn't I? I want him to live. I'll bring your folks back, too. I want you to be happy, Sam." That's all I wanted. For Scott and Stiles and Lydia and everyone else to be safe and happy. Now they're gone.

"I don't want anything from you."

"Really? Not even a little payback?" I look at the people behind me and gasp silently in recognition.