CHAPTER SEVENTY SIX: False Memory

Tyler

At the curve...

"What's up bro?!!!!!"

"Tyler mah man!!!"

"Long time no see dude!!!"

Those were the words that greeted me pagpasok ko ng The Curve. The ever familiar sound of roaring engines filled my ears.

I was supposed to be at home pero I got bored and decided to go here to kill some time.

I went up the bleachers and saw some cars racing already. I look up the racers' board and saw new faces.

"Tyler?" I heard someone called from behind me. It was Kevin.

We both shake hands. "What brings you here again? You should be resting instead. You have a big race this coming weekend right?" Kevin asks.

"I got bored staying at home." I replied.

"Are you racing tonight?" Kevin asks as we both look at the tracks. "There are several good newcomers tonight." Kevin added.

"I'll pass. Rick might kill me if I got injured tonight."

"That's a pity." Kevin said a little disheartened. "Dapat isinama mo yung kaibigan mo. What's her name again?" Kevin said then he started thinking.

Napakunot yung noo ko. What is he talking about?

"She went here alone a few months ago, beat Ian and Lance without us knowing that she is acquainted to you." Kevin said getting my full attention.

"Nica? Nelia? Leah? Shit! What's her name again?" Kevin said while looking at me na parang hinihintay na sabihin ko yung tamang sagot.

Suddenly Kevin snaps his fingers. "Nayeli!!! Yeah! That's right! I finally remembered!" Kevin exclaimed.

"Nayeli?" I mumbled. She was here?

"W-What?! Are you crazy?! Ayoko nga! After The Curve incident hindi mo na ulit ako mapagdadrive!"

So that's what she meant by that during our trip to Batangas! We were both here before!

"You should have been with her that night. She was amazing. Ian was so pissed off after he lost." Natatawang sinabi ni Kevin na parang inaalala yung nangyari before.

"I wasn't with her?" I ask Kevin. Kevin nodded.

"She was alone that night. Kamusta na pala sya? I hope she comes back here. I want to get to know her better." Kevin said with a smile. My eyes automatically becomes narrow making Kevin's smile disappear. "Okay I get it." Kevin said with a chuckle when he realized why my eyes narrowed at him.

"Do you have a video of that night? I wasn't able to watch her. Sana makita ko how she beat Ian and Lance." I said.

Kevin smiled and ask me to follow him inside the house. We entered his studio room and then he asked someone to bring something inside.

It was an external drive.

"Here it is." Kevin said as he sat beside me.

My eyes were so focus on the screen and as I watch three cars battle their way towards the finish line.

My heart is beating so fast inside my chest it felt like I was inside one of the cars na pinapanuod ko.

"She's on the red one. Ian is on the blue car and Lance is in the black car." Kevin said as we watch.

All of a sudden something flashes inside my mind.

Sinimulan na akong gitgitin ni Ian. I think he is planning to get me out of the race immediately. That's good. He is threatened already. Lance is leading but not that far. Kaya ko pa syang habulin.