CHAPTER SEVENTY FOUR: The Forgotten Ticket

Tyler

I look up the board to check my score. I sighed after seeing it. I am only at third place, Lance is in first and the second place belongs to another team.

"If Ian is here he will definitely punch the hell out of you." I heard a voice beside me. I was surprised to see Lance looking at the board as well. He glances my way.

I sighed again.

"You are distracted that's for sure but you should overcome that. Don't put into waste that girl's sacrifice just so you could be safely be here Tyler and at least give me a good fight before I retire." Lance said then he walks away.

Him? Retire? But why?

He must be referring to Nayeli awhile ago. All her efforts to get me here lahat ng yun I have no memory of them and my family won't even talk about it. All I know are the news I read on the newspapers about that day at the cabin pero yung ibang nangyari I still can't recall them even today. Steve's mouth is shut as well. He said he doesn't give a damn about my relationship with Nayeli and that he would rather rot in hell than help me.

I've search my whole room and found nothing in there that can remind me of my lost memories about her but I found nothing. She's like a ghost that left no trace coming in my life.

I was walking back towards our spot when I overheard two guys talking. They must be new racers. Ngayon ko lang sila nakita. Some teams bring their newly hired drivers to watch and learn from every competition.

"She did what?!" One of them exclaimed.

"She slapped my face so hard. She said how can she believe me? Pwede ba naman daw na I have fallen in love with her already kahit isang linggo pa lang kaming nagkakasama? She said no girl would believe that crap." Kwento nung isa.

"Really? Ang weird nya ha. How can she dump someone like you na gwapo at sikat?"

"I don't know. She's weird."

I stopped walking and for a moment there I saw myself receiving a slap on the face after confessing my love for Nayeli.

I shook my head.

There is a high probability na hindi nga sya maniniwala sa akin.

"Tyler! Nandito ka lang pala. Ready to go?" Je asks when he came running towards me.

"Yes." I replied then we both headed towards our car.

During the drive...

"Rick is not happy by your performance today dude. Ano bang problema? You've done much better than this." Je said while driving.

"I know." Mahina kong sagot.

"Bukas you have to get more scores if you want to win this tournament or else goodbye it's Formula One dream for you insan." Je said.

I look outside the window. Sa totoo lang di ko na din alam ang gagawin ko.

"Maybe you need to relax before the next set of races starts. Do you remember the school play tickets I gave you before? I think na moved din yung play nila. Why don't we watch it tomorrow? It will be fun." Je said.

I snorted. School play? Ano namang gagawin ko dun? I might even fall asleep.

Wait a minute? Je gave me tickets?

"You gave me what?!" I exclaimed.

"Ahhhh nakalimutan mo na din pala. It makes sense. I gave you two tickets before para i-date si Nayeli. Do you perhaps remember if naibigay mo sa kanya?"