Chapter 31 - Together

Mulai dari awal

Louis and I carried my stuff back to my living room, and he offered to take my things to the car; I guessed it was to give me a moment alone with my parents.

Immediately after he’d said goodbye to my parents, Louis left to go to the car.

“Oh, April,” My mom said lovingly, pulling me into her warm embrace. She was just an inch shorter than me, but I still felt like a small child, afraid to let go of my mom.

“I love you, mom, “ I murmured into her hair.

“Have fun, okay sweetie? I know Louis will take care of you. And you know I’m just a phone call away if you need me.”

“I know, mom. But I’ll still miss you.”

“I’ll miss you too, honey.”

After a few more moments, I pulled away and received a kiss on the cheek, before walking over to my dad.

“I’ll be expecting you to come back with a great British accent,” My dad joked, hugging me; I would never be taller than him.

“Okay, but you won’t be able to make fun of me about how much tea I drink when I use the accent, ‘cause that’s normal for British people.”

“Ah, I’ll miss your sense of humor while you’re gone, April,” My dad chuckled, looking down at me.

“Oh please, you’ll be begging them to leave me in England by the time you get a taste of life without my sarcastic comments and awful jokes,” I replied.

“Never,” He said, “Have a great time, daughter. I love you.”

I almost teared up, but held strong to my genuine smile as they walked me to the door.

In an attempt to not cry, I ran forward and hopped into the car, not allowing myself to look back. But as Louis pulled out of the driveway, I turned to see my parents, waving at me with huge, smiling faces. I weakly lifted my hand and waved back, before Louis drove away.

It felt crazy, being sad to leave a town that I felt so much disdain for. But then I thought about what I had realized when I was young, what I told myself whenever I felt a surge of unhappiness about where I lived.

It’s the people surrounding you that matter, not where you are.

I wasn’t going to miss Kansas; I was going to miss the people who made Kansas livable.

:~:~:

I arrived back at Heather’s to find, with a bit of surprise, that everyone’s parents had let them go. Kris’ parents seemed a bit iffy, but I was glad the trusted her enough to let her go.

Also surprisingly, we all had fairly up to date passports. Mine was from that trip to Canada with my grandparents from 2008, and the rest of the girls had either visited family or gone on vacation out of the country in the space of the past five years, so that was another stress off my shoulders.

The boys had finished packing and we were ready to leave. The two hour drive to the nearest airport in Kansas City, Kansas was a blur, and so was the whole process of going through customs. it was the first time I’d ever flown before, so I was impressed at how well I handled it, considering I’m an awkward, socially anxious person going through metals detectors and huge crowds of people. By the time we were about to board the plane, it was 11 PM.

“Are you okay?” Louis asked me once we were situated in our plane seats. Our group was entirely on one side of the plane, everyone coupled up in a row, with Louis and I in front. I was in an aisle seat, with Louis beside me in the window seat.

“I’ve just never flown before,” I replied, but he knew that wasn’t all I had on my mind. Although, I did feel a nervous fluttering in my stomach about shooting through clouds at top speeds; but I had convinced myself that it would just be like a cool music video.

“Is that all that’s wrong?”

“No,” I replied, sighing, laying my head on his shoulder, “I just don’t know what to do.”

“What do you mean?”

“Maybe I can come with you this time, but what will happen when you and the boys go back for good?”

“We don’t have to worry about that now,” Louis whispered, his voice cracking, “so let’s just be happy, okay?”

“Okay.”

----------------------

A/N: EXCUSES FOR WHY I'VE BEEN GONE: NaNoWriMo (I'm writing a new book), my birthday, death of someone very close to me, my grandma is in the hospital, and homework.

IMPORTANT THINGS: Sorry, but I won't be on here regularly for a while. BUT I WILL RECIEVE AN EMAIL IF YOU MESSAGE ME SO IF YOU WANT TO TALK, I WILL KNOW, SO PLEASE DO!

So I haven't really worked on this story in like forever. But it would help A LOT if you guys maybe left me some ecnouraging comments? I'm going through a super rough time and I could seriously use a smile.

Also, I haven't gotten the impression that anyone really likes this story, so it's hard for me to write thinking no one will read it :/

Anyway, have a lovely day my friends :)

~Grace xx