Chapter 17 - Twinsies

A/N: Good news everyone! I only have 7 1/2 days of school left! :D and that means better and longer updates will soon be in our mist! :D But for now, thank you all so so much for sticking with me through these last days of school >.< I am just 7836% done with even trying anymore x.x please kidnap my teachers so I can leave early...

Please.

~Grace xx 

------------------------------------------------------------------

                                                             ~Louis~

"There it is!" April shouted excitedly, pointing across the nearly empty street at a store on the corner called "Acme".

"What is it?" I asked as she took my wrist and pulled me over the crosswalk. We'd set the nerf guns and April's whale in the car and were walking around downtown, looking for a place to go.

"A custom t-shirt shop." April answered. "It's one of my favorite places in the entire state. I've gotten so many shirts from there that I've lost count."

April pushed open the door and we walked in, feeling a burst of warm air. On the wall to our right there were examples of shirts covering the walls, and to our left was the largest selection of every color of shirt I'd ever seen, all rolled into small cylinders and separated by color.

The employee at the desk in the back center of the shop turned to look at us, and greeted April by her name, asking if she needed any help.

"Nope, I've got it Jack, but I'll call you if I need ya."

I followed April to one of the computers on the long rectangular table in the middle of the room covered in desktop computers. She pulled up a second chair and we both sat in front of the monitor.

"We're getting matching shirts." April said, pressing a few buttons and pulling up a list of different fonts.

"What should they say?" I asked.

"Hmm..." April thought for a moment before her eyes lit up in excitement.

"I've got it!"

She typed in a few words, turning the screen a bit so I could see it better.

"Disturbingly strange but ultimately lovable." I read out loud, chuckling. "That's perfect."

"I know!"

April did a few more things before pulling up a design of what the shirt would look like. We decided on a simple black shirt with white font. She set the fonts up to that "Disturbingly strange" was in a cooky sort of font, and "but ultimately lovable" was written in a silly font.

"Jack, would you come put the code in to make two of this shirt?"

The brown haired guy with a bit of acne walked to us and leaned over, typing in a passcode on the computer, saying, "Both of them black?"

"Yep!" We told him our shirt sizes and he grabbed the right ones from the wall.

"We're gonna go get some lunch, would you text me when you're done?" April inquired, paying him.

"Sure!"

We left the store and April led me in the direction of the restaurant she'd chosen, somewhere called Noodles and Company.

"I could've paid for my own shirt." I commented, bumping her elbow with my own.

"But I wanted to." April replied, nudging me back.