Chapter 9; Waking up

Max's POV

Everybody left. I stayed by (y/n)'s side. I was going to ask her out tomorrow. She was bold and tough, and yet sweet and helpful at the same time. Something about her made me feel warm inside. I held her hand.

"I really like you, (y/n)." I whispered.

Your POV

I felt someone grab my hand. I was awake, but I wanted to go back to sleep.

"I really like you, (y/n)." Someone whispered. I smiled and slowly peeled my eyes open. Max was holding my hand. His eyes widened as he saw I was awake.

"Good morning." I said , as I yawned and stretched. He laughed.

"Your leg is broken." He says.

"That would explain the crunch..." I respond. The memory sends a chill down my spine.

"You might have to go to physical therapy." I dismiss the idea with my hand.

"That sounds like a lot of work." He laughs.

"Well, they'll probably give you a check up. And then we can probably go." I slowly wave my fist in the air.

"Woohoo." I say. Just on cue, nurses walk in.

"Oh, good, you're up. Sorry, but unless he," she points to Max, "is a family member, he's gonna have to leave."

"Are you going to be oka-" Max starts, but I cut him off.

"I'll be fine, go." I wave him off with my hands.

~Time Skip Brought to you by; Tacos~

I use the crutches to get to the door of the hospital. My whole calf was in a cast. I had already asked the doctor for a marker to sign it. I had written '(y/n) was here)' . It was hard to write it upside down. I saw Adam's car and waved him down with a crutch while giving him a wide grin.

"Don't get hit by my car." He muttered as he opened shotgun for me. I laugh.

"I'll try not to." I say, shoving my crutches into his car. "Take me to my house taxi man." I demand. Adam laughs.

"Since you asked so nicely, I guess I will." The drive to my house is mostly awkward silence. Until Adam has to open his big a** mouth. "So... you and Max."

"Adam, shut up before you can't talk anymore."

"Oh! I hit a soft spot."

"Adam!"

"(y/n) and Maax sitting in a tree. First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes a baby in a baby carriage."

"Adam, shut the h*ll up."

"(y/n) loves Max!" Adam yells out his window.

"Adam! I've only known him for a few days!"

"You never denied it." A voice behind me says.

"What the actual f**k Max?!" I hold my heart. I'm not gonna lie, he scared the sh*t out of me.

"Surprise!" He does jazz hands.

"Adam, are we there yet?" I ask like a little kid.

"Yes." He answers as he pulls into my driveway.

"Thanks for the ride!" I pull out my crutches and start to hop to the door.

"Wait, (y/n)!" Max yells.

"Yes?" I turn around.

"You'll be riding with me and Ross to work everyday, since you can't drive. Oh, and here." He hands me my purse. I roll my eyes. He gives me a look.

"What were you expecting me to do?" I pretend to fangirl. "Oh, my gosh! Thank you so much for returning my purse!  I owe you!" I then give him a kiss on the check. I walk though my door, but not before I hear him say, "yes" and do the elbow thing. I roll my eyes again at him. The good thing is, I'm grinning like an idiot too.

A/N

Yay! New chapter out! I've heard that Max and Ross left Sky Media. Are they still in Washington, though? I will probably keep writing this like they're still at Sky Media, just for the sake of the story. That's all for now, BYYYEEEEE!!!