Repentance Unforgiven

Start from the beginning

The black figure vanished before Alexis as she stiffened her body and lowered her sword, gripping it tight whilst her ears searched for him. The castle underneath the soles of her boots quivered and made her recall the purpose of her being there; she mentally sighed her disappointment before she smirked, then allowed her opponent to escape before she slowly made her way to the tremendous battle not too far from her.

With each passing step, her body quivered and her hands shook uncontrollably; at her tenth step, her knees buckled as she held her chest as her breathing hastened for some reason. Breathing in and out, she tried to catch her heartbeat as much as she could, but it does not seem to slow; it made her grip her sword tight as she shook her mind free of this cumbersome baggage and stood up. Her heartbeat echoed against her ears as she gripped her sword tighter, trying to vanquish the unknown sensation that burned in her chest; she closed her eyes for a moment as she tried to calm her breathing once again.

This is nothing.

Alexis finally calmed herself as she resumed her pace towards the battle between two giants: Hailey against her own love, Katherine. She found it rather ironic, but she did not care about it; her job was simple, and that was to kill the latter, even if it was against Hailey's wishes. It did not matter to her what Hailey thought of her before or after; all of it meant nothing to her.

Her orders were her first priority.

"Katherine snap out of it!" she heard a loud cry from the battle that made her snicker a little bit. She watched them battle and thought about how insignificant their battle was for none of them were wounded, nor scratched. It was evident that both of them were not truly fighting; she can see that Katherine was holding back despite her body not being in her possession. From the partial glisten of perspiration on the werewolf's fur, she could tell that she was fighting hard internally against whatever it was that was controlling her.

Pathetic.

Alexis cursed as her patience run out and ran straight off the edge of the castle, then leapt off the edge with her sword at the side; she aimed for Katherine, who was occupied and did not anticipate her attack. She landed a deep cut into the werewolf's arm and caused it to roar out loud; the werewolf tried to get her off but throwing a fit, but Alexis was quick to dislodge her sword and eventually, sliced through most of her back.

Grinning, Alexis did not let up her assault as she saw blood drip out of Katherine's open wounds; her pure silver sword made sure that it will not close again. As she dealt slice after slice against the rattled werewolf, who could not get Alexis off her back, felt a soft gust of wind on her nape, which made the huntress leap away from Katherine.

"Stop this, Alexis!"

Hailey stood in between Katherine and Alexis, who stood tall whilst she gave Hailey a displeased and nearly menacing look in her eyes. Hailey furrowed her brows at Alexis, who remained poised in the heat of a battle behind them, and stretched her plasmic arms to protect the bleeding werewolf behind her; she looked past Hailey form and saw how weak the werewolf was, already questioning why or how was Katherine even chosen by the renegades.

"Stand aside, Shepard," Alexis spoke as she cleaned her sword of Katherine's blood, "My quarrel is not with you," she reminded her as she looked past her once again, then stared at her target, "It's with her."

Hailey shook her head, "No, I'm not going to let you hurt her even further."

"Just when I was warming up to her," Alexis mumbled as she rolled her eyes internally and sighed for a moment, "Shepard, you're an idiot," she rolled her eyes as she slowly made her way to her, "You know you're protecting the enemy, and yet you still try and defend them."