Chapter 32

The movie continued, and they kept scooting closer to each other until their knees were touching. Andy glanced at their legs, then back at the TV. Wade yawned, and stretched his arms out, slowly resting one over her shoulders. She blinked, tensing up. Wade quickly removed his arm, and put his hands in his lap. He thought, well that obviously went well. He bit his lip, thinking. He didn't want to mess this up, it was the closest he has ever been to someone.

"So, uh, you said you can't see the things you make others see, right? So you still see my scars and stuff?"

She nodded without looking at him.

"That sucks, having to look at me like this all the time."

She looked down, then at his face.

"No, it doesn't. What you look like does not bother me. I only changed your appearance so that you wouldn't have to hide. I wanted you to be happy."

Wade teared up, wiping his eyes.

"That's the nicest thing anyone's ever done for me"

Andy stared at him.

"Are you seriously about to cry? Oh, um... here. Wipe your eyes. Please don't cry. It'll make me feel awkward. I don't know what to do with crying people. Especially grown men."

He nodded and wiped his eyes.

"Ok, I'm good. I'm good. No more tears."

He smiling, and then the movie ended.

He began to cry.

"It's- so, so cute. I'm crying. Now I'm fucking crying. Well shit. What kind of movie is that? It killed me with cute cheeseyness. God fucking dammit, I can't stop the Niagara Falls."

Andy lifted an eyebrow, and handed him a box of tissues.

"Do you want a tub of ice cream to help you get over your feels?"

He shook his head.

"No, just leave me here to wallow in the cutesy feels for a bit. Leave me. Come back in a couple of hours. With some pizza, preferably."