Chapter 29

Andy walked into the living room, now wearing the blue dress. She stood in front of the couch and spun a bit so Wade could see the entire dress.

"It's pretty, thank you. It fits well."

Wade nodded in agreement, admiring the color.

She changed out of it and back in to the shirt and shorts. She sat on the couch next to Wade, and looked at him.

"While you were gone, I had an idea."

He mocked surprise, and grinned.

"An idea? How long did that take you?"

She punched his shoulder playfully.

"Less time than you. But seriously. My idea was what if I could change how others see things that aren't me? Like make you look like you used to. I want to try it. But, I can't see if it works. I can't see my own ability."

Wade nodded.

"Sounds like it could work. Let's give that a shot."

Andy smiled a bit, and closed her eyes. She envisioned what he looked like before the treatment went wrong.

Wade looked at his hands, and nothing happened.

Andy looked expectantly at him.

"Did it work?"

He shook his head.

Andy frowned and closed her eyes, concentrating harder.

Wade looked at his hands, and closed his eyes for a second. Then he opened them, and his hands were back to what they were before. He smiled excitedly, and ran to look in the mirror. His face was no longer covered in scars. Her ability to change appearance worked. He walked back to the living room and put his hands on Andy's cheeks, his face glowing.

"It worked. It really worked. This is amazing."

She opened her eyes and smiled.

"I did it. But I can't see it."

He frowned a bit, sad that she couldn't see him like the way he used to be.

Andy thought of something. She wanted to see what would happen if she let his brain take over for her own appearance. She concentrated on making her appearance match what he found to be beautiful.

"What are you doing now?"

She opened her eyes.

"What do I look like?"

He tilted his head, looking at her.

"You look exactly the same."