Chapter 7

After Ajax left, the girl went back over to the chamber.

"Why would you headbutt her? Now they will put more security around you. It'll be harder to escape now."

Wade spit the match out of his mouth into his hands.

"Go as far as you can away. I'm gonna blow this place to hell. I will light this in two minutes. Go."

She ran, going to the other end of the building, and braced herself.

Wade waited two minutes, but it felt longer when he was near suffocation. He scraped the phosphorus tip of the match with his thumbnail, and tossed it to the oxygen vent in the tube. It took a second before the entire line of oxygen lit up like the fourth of July. The explosion burst open the tube, and blew up the entire side of the building, causing fires to spring up everywhere.

The shaking of the building nearly made her fall, she gripped the wall to stay standing. She looked around at the chaos, mutated people everywhere, attendants trying their best to manage.

Ajax ran to the source of the explosion to see what had happened. He saw the empty tank, and fire swallowing the surrounding area. He began to use a fire extinguisher to put out some of the flames, and Wade suddenly tackled him. They fought, rolling over and throwing punches. Ajax beat Wade down, and skewered him to the floor with a large metal rod. He walked away from his handiwork, and looked for other escaped experiments.

The girl ran to find Wade, searching the chaotic ruins, and lifting pieces of rubble. She found him, stuck to the ground. She bit her cheek, and pulled him off of the rod. He fell back, with a loud groan. She jumped back, falling over a piece of concrete that jutted out and hitting her side. Wade stood up, holding the hole in his chest. He looked around, and she stood up.

"Come on, Wade. We have to go, now." She grabbed his hand and pulled him away from the burning building.