Chapter 6

Wade struggled against the belts that held him in place as the oxygen levels depleted. His skin began to break, causing blistering and gouges all over his body. The mutations had begun.

...

The girl folded her hands, making them the same circumference as her wrists, and slid out of the buckles. She undid the belts on the rest over her body, and pulled the bell off her ankle. She quickly redid the buckles, and left the bell on the ankle buckle. She then carefully made her way to Wade's area. She didn't see him on his cot, and quickly went to the torture chamber. She silently walked in, looking for him. She saw him nearly choking in the tank, and she rushed to it. She put her hands on the tank, leaving handprints. Wade looked at the prints, his face contorted in pain, but looking hopeful.

"I have to get you out of there. I don't know how, but I will find a way." She felt sad, looking at how his mutation had changed him, and looked for the off switch.

Ajax walked in, Angel following him. They went to the tank, and Ajax opened it.

"Look at that ugly mug. Looks like your mutation worked. But I'm going to leave you in there longer. Not because you need it, but because I like causing you pain."

The girl watched in silent horror, glad that her mutation made her invisible at will. She was up against the wall, waiting for them to leave.

Angel twirled the matchstick in between her lips, and leaned over Wade to tighten his buckles. He head butted her, causing the match to fall. She reeled back, holding her head and growling.

Ajax stepped between her and the tank. "Easy, Angel. Go wait for me outside."

He flicked the switches and closed the lid, locking Wade in the chamber again. The oxygen levels lowered, and Ajax walked away. He was satisfied with his work, and called to Wade over his shoulder.

"Have a nice weekend, Wilson."