Paradise

Everyone walked through the front gates of Alexandria with caution.

"Guys this is Nick. He is one of the guards." Aaron introduced.

"Before we take this any further, we need you all to turn over your weapons." Nick informed. You all glanced at each other.

"We don't know if we want to stay." Informed Rick. Nick stepped forward causing you all to step back.

"It's alright, Nicholas. If we were going to use them, we would've by now. How about we let them talk to Deanna first?" Replied Aaron.

"Who's Deanna?" Asked Rick.

"She knows everything you would want to know about this place." Nick answered.

You were all separated and put into a room. One group at a time, Aaron lead them inside. Finally, it was yours and Daryl's turn.

"I'm Deanna Monroe." Greeted a middle aged woman taking out her hand.

"Daryl." Your dad huffed ignoring her hand and walking around the office, examining it.

"______." You introduced yourself shaking her hand.

"Please, Mr. Dixon, take a seat." Offered Deanna.

"Nah I'm good." He replied looking around.

"You're welcome to sit, Daryl. I won't bite." Chuckled Deanna.

"I'm all right." He replied. It was silent for a moment. Not really knowing what to do, you took his seat.

"Mind if I film this?" Asked Deanna.

"What?" You asked.

"Do you mind if I film our talk?" She clarified.

"Um, no?" You replied.

"Why do you have to film this?" Daryl scowled as the camera made a beep noise. You anxiously looked into the red dot.

"We're all about transparency here." She replied.

She began asking you questions in which you would answer fully. Daryl on the other hand would try to dodge the questions and refused to cooperate. You were embarrassed while Deanna appeared to be annoyed.

"Daryl, do you want to be here?"  Deanna sighed tired of Daryl's insubordination.

"The kids and the baby, they deserve a roof." He replied glancing over to you.

"Alright well if the two of you could just place your weapons on the table, that would be appreciated. Nicholas would lead you to your new house." She smiled.

"It's for the children." Daryl reminded himself as he forced himself to give up his cross bow. You however, kept a firm hold of your compound bow.

"______? Can you place your weapon on the table please?" Deanna requested.

"It's not a weapon. Archery is my hobby." You weakly smiled.

"Well I'm sure you'll find a better and safer hobby here in Alexandria." She smiled stripping you of your weapon. You grimaced as Daryl wrapped his arm around you.

"Come on." He whispered as Nicholas began to lead you to your new house.

"Alright here's the house and here's the key. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask." He smiled handing Daryl the keys. You both thanked him before walking in. You were in awe but showed limited emotion.

"So? What do you think?" Daryl asked.

"This isn't a house. This is a mansion." You whispered.

"I'm guessing you like it?" Daryl asked. You walked over to a light switch and flicked it.